Author Topic: New recruit ready to finally take the plunge  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Odontoblaster

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
New recruit ready to finally take the plunge
« on: March 30, 2015, 09:18:26 PM »
After years of lurking I have finally decided to take the plunge and get approved for the 501st. My name is Chris and I live in Eugene. A question for all of you. I'm looking at getting an ATA Kit. I'm 6' 2" 185lbs and 36in waist. Will an ATA kit fit me? Also apparently there is a pretty good wait on the armor but helmets are available right away. How big of a deal is it that the armor and helmet are from different lots of plastic? Looking forward to getting things going.

Offline Leia8674

Re: New recruit ready to finally take the plunge
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 09:31:55 PM »
Welcome aboard Chris! 
Macy

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 09:59:21 PM »
Welcome aboard, there are quite a few of us lurking in Eugene. Shouldn't be too much of a deal as the plastic would be pretty similar between lots. Get registered over at First Imperial Stormtrooper division (FISD) if you have not already. Just an FYI, you can't sit down on stormie gear, but Imperil Gunners can, and it's a LOT easier to relieve yourself if you have too much coffee before a troop, just sayin..  :)
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline stevo502

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 06:47:18 AM »
Welcome! Several of our newest members have ATA kits so hopefully one or more of them can weigh in on the fit. I think you're probably fine, but would love to hear from someone that has it. People replace helmets with different ones all the time, so I don't think you need to worry about the lots of plastic, especially from the same maker.

And yay for more stormtroopers!

-steve

Offline MetalJedi

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 07:56:08 AM »
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forums!

We always need more stormtroopers. If you haven't checked it out, then sign up at www.whitearmor.net for answers to all of your stormtrooper armor questions.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline RainTrooper

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 08:28:38 AM »
Welcome to CCG, Chris!  I have an ATA suit and I'm 5'11" 195lbs ~34in waist. I've definitely seen troopers between 6' - 6'2" fit into ATA with no problem. There just might be larger gaps at the knees/hips/elbows, depending on your body type.
TK/TD-76216

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 02:33:25 PM »
Welcome.. I am based in Eugene as well.  Look forward to your future trooping. While you wait; you can always help by being a handler at an Event and helps you get to know folks.
Allan Quick

Offline Cob

• Cloud City Reserve
  • IS-10054
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 04:13:01 PM »
Hi Chris --

I would say to go ahead and get your ATA started as the list is pretty big and you can always drop off the wait-list if you get something else in the meantime.  Unless you're working on a second costume as well, you may want to get the helmet early and start cutting your teeth on it.  Boots are another item you may want to get a head start on sourcing.

Lots of great CCGers down in the Eugene area, definitely make sure you watch the spotter forum and get in on any opportunities to help 'em out.  :D

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 09:02:05 PM »
hello and welcome chris.
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline Odontoblaster

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 11:11:35 PM »
Thanks for all of your help. Looks like I have lots to do and plenty of help.

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 12:46:23 AM »
Welcome!!  While you are starting to build your armor, I would encourage you to come out to some events as a spotter.  This will allow you to get to know the group and ask any questions that you may have for you build.  Just keep an eye on the Spotter Thread on the forum for events.  Hope to see you soon!

Missy
Jedi Missy

Tags: