Author Topic: Saying hello and putting in a request for the Garrison's help!  (Read 1624 times)

Offline mercmonster

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hey guys! My name's Aria! I stumbled upon the Garrison because I could really use some help.

Firstly, and less importantly, can someone tell me what the right dimensions are for an avatar? :P It keeps coming back invalid.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if there was a better e-mail to contact, so I'm sorry if this isn't where I should be contacting you guys. But secondly, I'm a college student, but also an actor/filmmaker, and I've recently started diving into just creating a bunch of shorts and sketches. I have a short sketch in mind that I want to shoot this weekend, but it would need two Stormtrooper uniforms. I know I can rent them, but the fees are astronomical, especially since I'm still a student, so that's not feasible at all. So I'd like to ask if there would be any chance at all that a couple of the Garrison would be willing to either perform in the sketch or let us use their uniform (in their presence, so you know we're not doing anything shady). The shoot would only take a couple of hours either this Saturday or Sunday, ideally somewhere in downtown Portland, but I'm flexible depending on what works best for whoever can help us out.

I know this is a big request, especially since this is the first time you're even meeting me. To make things worse, I can't even offer you much money, short of transportation and a meal. I guess the best thing I could offer is my skills behind a camera - I'd be more than happy to shoot and edit something for the Garrison? Perhaps a promo video, recording an event, etc.? Whatever would work best for you. If there's something else you might want (within legal limits! :D), please let me know and I'll try to accommodate.

It would mean so much to me and I'd appreciate it greatly if anyone could help us out. Please let me know if this would be possible at all, and if you have any additional questions/comments, don't hesitate to let me know.

Either way, thank you for taking the time to read this :)
Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun.

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: Saying hello and putting in a request for the Garrison's help!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 04:00:04 PM »
Welcome, Aria!

The only setting we control for avatars is the size: 200x200 for uploaded ones. I don't recall if there's an overall size limit. Sometimes it's just trial and error until you get something to work.

Good luck with your movie shoot. Sounds like fun, just not something I can swing in the near future!

Offline mercmonster

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Saying hello and putting in a request for the Garrison's help!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 04:13:17 PM »
Ahhhh 200x200 is perfect, let me try that!

And no worries! Thanks for the welcome though! :)
Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun.

Tags: