Author Topic: Newbie from Eugene  (Read 4835 times)

Offline jcolrud

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Newbie from Eugene
« on: December 14, 2014, 08:31:26 AM »
Greetings everyone. I've been a fan of the movies since the original came out. I have always loved the costumes and cosplay but never had the intestinal fortitude to try it. Well, that changed and now I'm ready! Hoping to put together my first costume ever soon. I think a good old classic stormtrooper or sandtrooper would be a fun place to start! Hope to meet some of you someday and figure out where the heck to start. Lol.

Offline stevo502

Re: Newbie from Eugene
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 08:36:13 AM »
Welcome to the forums! The best place to start (after registering here) is to go to www.whitearmor.net. That's the stormtrooper detachment forum with all the information you could ever want about getting started as a stormtrooper.

Also, please post up questions here, we've had several new stormtroopers join up this year that would be happy to answer your questions. And definitely once you get started, post up your build progress so we can see how things are progressing!

-steve

Offline jcolrud

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 09:18:52 AM »
Thanks Steve. I've been checking that site out already. I think the hardest part is going to be getting started lol.

Offline NavySith

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 10:32:02 AM »
Welcome
Sent from Kamino using Tapatalk

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 09:52:47 PM »
Come and say hi next Saturday at the W. 11th Fred Meyer, we'll be there from 1P-4P. That's December 20th right here in Eugene.
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 10:39:19 PM »
Greetings and welcome to the forum. :)
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 07:09:16 PM »
welcome. Glad to see another recruit in the Eugene area. We have quite of few opportunities to help and check out events in the area. Look forward to meeting you. as Greg said come down to west 11th Fred Meyer this Saturday.
Allan Quick

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 07:52:05 PM »
Welcome aboard!
Macy

Offline jcolrud

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 05:30:56 AM »
My wife and I will come by on Saturday and say hello. Look forward to meeting you all!

Offline carpe mindiem

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 09:44:47 AM »
Welcome!

Offline jcolrud

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 06:22:49 PM »
I see it is ringing the bell for salvation army. I assume at the Grocery entrance?

Offline jcolrud

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 06:37:14 PM »
Do you guys have any suggestions on where to start looking for armor? I've been on the boards looking at getting a bit overwhelmed. Too much or too little information for this newbie.

Offline stevo502

Offline jcolrud

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 08:25:03 PM »
I actually read that one. I'm just a bit overwhelmed and not sure what will and will not pass muster. I did contact ATA works. 9 month waiting list... sad face. I just want to make sure what I buy will be something that is approved.

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 06:51:26 AM »
I see it is ringing the bell for salvation army. I assume at the Grocery entrance?

We will be at the south entrance. the 3 entrances are the East (over by the bus station and the groceries) the West (nearest the McDonald's and hardware) and the South (faces W. 11th and has several small businesses along the front and the Chase bank is just inside the door)

I haven't built any TK armor, but it seems that once you get your kit from one of the reputable suppliers, the most important thing is the trimming to fit. There are excellent tutorials and several of our newest members just finished or almost finished with theirs, and you can seen them out for advice.
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Tags: