Author Topic: Does Anyone Have Access to a 3D Printer?  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Does Anyone Have Access to a 3D Printer?
« on: November 25, 2014, 12:18:07 PM »
I was just curious if anyone here had access to a 3D printer and might be able to print a model for me? I have a model I made but it's going to cost a bit on Shapeways and similar websites... It looks like the material cost is $30 and they're charging another $65 just to print it, and I'm weighing all of my options. It's basically a 5 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch box with various details. I have a basic picture of the model below though one of the parts isn't visible in the picture.

Does anyone have access to a 3D printer and might be able to print this out (and possibly some other projects in the future)? I would pay you for materials and time, of course.

B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline Madighon

Re: Does Anyone Have Access to a 3D Printer?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 01:00:38 PM »
Check your local libraries too.  I know that OSU's library has a 3D printer, although you have to have a student account for them to charge.  The charges basically just cover material costs.  If anyone finds other libraries or resources in oregon, I think we could all benefit from that knowledge.  Check out Thingiverse.com for lots of star wars related items.  You can download the 3D models to have printed.  They are free to download.  I've seen Leia's ANH blaster, biker scout blasters, compads and lots of other things on there. 

Madighon
Madighon
TI-90603-TR (TK on the way)

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Does Anyone Have Access to a 3D Printer?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 12:26:59 AM »
Libraries have 3D printers? Interesting.

Hmm... It looks like only Oregon State and the Hillsboro Public Library has one, but the Hillsboro one looks like it can only print out very small things. Looks like there's one at a UPS store in Tigard, too... Hmm...
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Tags: