Author Topic: KumoriCon 2014  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Dax Corrin

KumoriCon 2014
« on: August 27, 2014, 01:59:31 AM »
 As a 16th birthday present to my daughter, I am taking her and one of her friends to all 4 days of KumoriCon in Vancouver Wa. I'll be rocking my Gunner gear at least one day in a totally unofficial capacity, but I will still conform to 501st guidelines and will comport myself in a manner to not bring dishonor to the Empire. Maybe we'll see some of you there. I'll also be supporting my daughter's cosplay efforts by being "Dad Eggbert" from the interactive web comic Homestuck, and I'll also be "Grunkle Stan" from Disney's Gravity Falls.
 Say hi if you see me! 
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline Han_Solo

Re: KumoriCon 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 10:23:21 AM »
The wife and I will be there on Sunday only. We'll be Cloud and Tifa from Final Fantasy 7. I'll be the guy with the blond spiky hair and the huge sword. :)

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 02:02:47 AM »
I was really hoping to be able to go to KumoriCon this year but, once again, I just couldn't afford it. I've missed the last two or three years for the same reason. Ugh. I guess I'll see how next year goes...

I'm a big anime geek so KumoriCon is right up my alley, and I usually have an anime cosplay to wear to the convention. :P

Bah, and Patrick Seitz is going to be there, too... Maybe I could have had him sign a Sky High figure. And I could have had Stephanie Sheh sign my copy of Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn or one of my Bleach DVDs. *Sigh* Ah well...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:13:52 AM by Blue Leader »
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline Han_Solo

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 10:37:02 AM »
Blue Leader, just FYI, the wife and I usually just hang out in the park and take cool pictures. As we never enter the building, it costs us absolutely nothing, and we still have a blast! Might be worth doing, if you're on a tight budget. :)

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 04:14:18 PM »
Blue Leader, just FYI, the wife and I usually just hang out in the park and take cool pictures. As we never enter the building, it costs us absolutely nothing, and we still have a blast! Might be worth doing, if you're on a tight budget. :)
For me it's not really worth putting together an anime cosplay just to hang out in a park. Cosplay takes too much time and too much money to just meander around a park. :P

Offline Han_Solo

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 06:21:33 PM »
Totally agree, which is why I'm forming my own costume club. Then we can cosplay all the time, as whatever we want! :) Let me know if you want to join. :)

Blacky no stars

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 06:22:01 PM »
I'd like to go but as this is the first I've heard of it but we're low on money. But maybe next year!

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 09:23:52 PM »
I met Mara Jade on Monday, and her mouse droid.

TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 11:45:11 PM »
Totally agree, which is why I'm forming my own costume club. Then we can cosplay all the time, as whatever we want! :) Let me know if you want to join. :)
Heh heh, sounds kind of interesting.

Tags: