Author Topic: Imperial boots  (Read 8559 times)

Offline Daverian

Imperial boots
« on: September 15, 2014, 08:56:09 AM »
Just FYI for any and all imperial wannabes out there, I was at the Scappoose Goodwill Saturday and in the women's shoe section they have 9 pairs of east german jackboots. one shiny pair is 19.99, the rest are 14.99. All different sizes. They just don't know what they got ;)

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Imperial boots
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 03:08:35 PM »
Wish they had some that would fit my big dude feet. :P
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline Daverian

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 09:33:01 AM »
They still have them - lots and they dropped the price. under $10. I think I saw some for $6.99. These are not the vintage boots, no heel irons, but definately something I would buy for Imperial costumes.

Offline maxsteele

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 04:54:07 PM »
Are these boots verified to be approvable for Imperial costumes?  I'll drive there tomorrow if they are.

Do you have the exact address of the Goodwill these are at?

Also, do you know exactly which outfits these types of boots go with?  So far I'm only seeing the Imperial Gunner as the outfit that uses Jackboots.  Officers seem to use english riding boots.

DOUBLE EDIT:

Looks like a lot of generic bridge crew, AT-ST driver, TIE Pilots also use these boots.  Definitely worth picking up if I'm considering one of those.  Wouldn't mind having a bridge crew uniform.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:03:42 PM by maxsteele »

Offline maxsteele

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 03:09:36 PM »
I went and picked up two pairs of those boots today.  They have at least 10 pairs of these boots, and they are all marked as size 27 1/2 .

They seem to fit me.  I am a size 9 men's.  I'm not sure what measurement these are.  When I took a quick look online, 27 1/2 seems to be a Mexican shoe measurement.

I'm going to post on several of the forums for builds that the CRLs mention these types of boots and see what people think for approval.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 03:11:16 PM by maxsteele »

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 06:28:33 PM »
Yes, these are exactly the need - as long as there is not a zipper that I can't see in the pictures.  These are English Riding boots and what I have for my Imperial.
Macy

Offline RainTrooper

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 06:29:47 PM »
Nice! How do they fit on you as a size 9? ..snug? just right? a bit big? I'm about a size 10.
I'm thinking about doing a TIE pilot/reserve pilot outfit one of these days after my sandie is finished.  These look too good to pass up!
TK/TD-76216

Offline maxsteele

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 07:03:04 PM »
I just got a reply from the detachment leader for the Imperial Gunnery Corps that these boots are passable for Imperial Gunner.

That's one endorsement down!

Macy - no zippers at all.  So, these are the English riding boots I see everyone always talking about?  That means they would pass for the Imperial Staff Officer - http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:ID_imperial_officer_black most likely as well?  The description for the Staff Officer is different then the Imperial Gunner, Bridge Crew, and AT-ST Driver, which is what makes me question if they'll work for all of them.

Jason - I am normally a 9 1/2 for shoes.  I found the Bass Amsterdams I got for my TK were 1/2 size too small.  9s in the Amsterdams were a good fit.  Because there were so many pairs of these boots at Goodwill, I kept trying on pairs until I found ones that fit the best.  This particular pair fit me just right.  You'd probably have to squeeze a bit into them, but there may be a pair there that are broken in enough that they'd fit.  I say it's worth a trip out there to try them all on and find a pair that might work for you.  Hard to pass up for $7 !

Careful with the boots - there are several pairs that have some type of texture on the whole boot which doesn't look good.  You'll be able to spot those from the others.

Offline maxsteele

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 07:12:50 PM »
I got a reply from the Deployment Officer on the Imperial Officers forums.  He says these are good up to level 2 certification for an Officer and all of the crewman costumes.  He said they look just like his, and they might be authentic German police boots!

Once again, I'm a size 9 1/2 shoe, and looks like a size 9 for boots.  I found a pair that fit me well.  All of them at the Goodwill are the same size, but some are more broken in than others.  Get out there now if you want a pair of these for a future uniform!

Offline maxsteele

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 08:59:23 PM »
I got clarification on the IOC about the height of these boots and what they will work for.  All of the officers with the exception of Warrant Officer require knee-high boots.  These boots are calf-high.  Here is a list of uniforms these calf-high boots will work with:

ANH Warrant Officer  (ROTJ Warrant Officer needs knee-highs)
Bridge Crew
Mechanical Crew
Scanning Crew
Imperial Gunner
AT-ST Driver
Navy Trooper (Standard and Dress Uniform)
All TIE
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:35:00 PM by maxsteele »

Offline B-Pfau

• Cloud City Reserve
  • TK-17472
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 10:58:11 PM »
Nice score! Too bad they don't have any 13's...
-Brian
TK-17472

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 11:27:55 PM »
Nice score! Too bad they don't have any 13's...
Ditto. I need some 13s as well. My current boots are falling apart and aren't worth repairing, but I can't find any boots that fit me anywhere except for cheapy Funtasma boots...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 11:29:36 PM by Blue Leader »
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 10:34:57 PM »
Finding 13's or bigger has been a problem since moving to Oregon 5 years ago. I am working with a guy back in California to make me a few pairs for around $50 each. Wish I could take advantage of a goodwill sale. We had a size 10.5 here in Corvallis a few months back and not even close

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 10:41:56 PM »
Xelement Men's Classic Motorcycle Advanced Engineer Biker Boot $79.95 – Sizes from 8 to 14 EE

Xelement Women's Classic Motorcycle Advanced Engineer Biker Boot $69.95 – Sizes from 6 to 10

All you need to do is cut the lower strap off of the boot as close to the edge of the shank/heel as possible.  That also includes taking the stitching off of it.

The top buckle is not a problem.  If you want to, use a metal paint and/or bluing to turn it black.

Offline Daverian

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2014, 10:39:14 AM »
They had many sizes when they first put them out. Good score for somebody.

Tags: