Author Topic: Welcome and Access Information  (Read 36042 times)

Offline CJ49er

Re: Welcome and Access Information
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2024, 05:46:58 PM »
Welcome, Maeve!

Hey y'all! My name is Maeve (She/Her), I'm 22, I live in Portland. I'm looking to get my foot in the 501st's door by building a standard ESB TK and eventually a weathered ROTJ biker scout or imperial storm commando. Years from now I'm hoping to use ILM's methods and modern materials to create a 1:1 ROTJ Jabba capable of making appearances at cons or parades on a mobile Daimyo throne. Building screen-accurate stormtrooper armor has been my lifelong dream. My love of Star Wars started when I was six years old and my dad showed me the 90s cut of A New Hope on VHS (R.I.P. R2D2's beautiful face). I'm hoping to make some friends and put smiles on faces (mostly my own face). I have lots of questions and will need lots of tips, but I've been saving up for quite some time and I'm finally ready.
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2024, 05:17:17 AM »
Hey y'all! My name is Maeve (She/Her), I'm 22, I live in Portland. I'm looking to get my foot in the 501st's door by building a standard ESB TK and eventually a weathered ROTJ biker scout or imperial storm commando. Years from now I'm hoping to use ILM's methods and modern materials to create a 1:1 ROTJ Jabba capable of making appearances at cons or parades on a mobile Daimyo throne. Building screen-accurate stormtrooper armor has been my lifelong dream. My love of Star Wars started when I was six years old and my dad showed me the 90s cut of A New Hope on VHS (R.I.P. R2D2's beautiful face). I'm hoping to make some friends and put smiles on faces (mostly my own face). I have lots of questions and will need lots of tips, but I've been saving up for quite some time and I'm finally ready.

Hello and welcome! Excited to meet you!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2024, 10:19:22 AM »

Your father raised you right.

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2024, 05:54:36 PM »

Awesome, welcome to Cloud City Garrison! If you haven't visited https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/ yet, be sure to get signed up and start digging through all of the ESB TK builds to really get a good head start on your armor! We'll probably have a few armor parties this summer, so keep an eye out for those if you need help or want to see how others are doing their armor up close.
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Maeve

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2024, 07:45:51 PM »
Awesome, welcome to Cloud City Garrison! If you haven't visited https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/ yet, be sure to get signed up and start digging through all of the ESB TK builds to really get a good head start on your armor! We'll probably have a few armor parties this summer, so keep an eye out for those if you need help or want to see how others are doing their armor up close.
[/quote]

Yeah I’d love to be at those armor parties. My email is maeveszy@gmail.com if you have the details later on. I’m 6’4” and on the slim side so I was thinking that the “derived” armor parts would be too small. I’m thinking (AM) Dave’s Darkside Depot will probably fit best. Do you know people who use that one?

Offline Fox

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2024, 09:02:35 AM »
6'3.5 here and if you're slim build you'll find that most armor kits will still fit. Odds of reaching level 2 and 3 are low but it's good enough for basic level 1 approval. It will involve a delicate balance of exposed black fabric.

Offline NoeriFlyingstar

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2024, 07:21:59 PM »
Hello!  Beth here from Kelso, WA.  I'm  DZ-26648, Narkina Prisoner (but incredibly trustworthy and in no way likely to engage in shenanigans) and was just approved to join the Cloud City Garrison. 

This is all very new to me, despite being a long time cosplayer who mainly focuses on Star Wars costumes.  I'll share more in a proper introduction post, but wanted to reply here for access to member areas. 

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2024, 08:29:49 PM »
Congrats and welcome to the club!!

Hello!  Beth here from Kelso, WA.  I'm  DZ-26648, Narkina Prisoner (but incredibly trustworthy and in no way likely to engage in shenanigans) and was just approved to join the Cloud City Garrison. 

This is all very new to me, despite being a long time cosplayer who mainly focuses on Star Wars costumes.  I'll share more in a proper introduction post, but wanted to reply here for access to member areas.
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline NoeriFlyingstar

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: Yesterday at 07:53:32 PM »
Thank you so much![

quote author=CJ49er link=topic=8441.msg155545#msg155545 date=1713756589]
Congrats and welcome to the club!!

[/quote]

Tags: