Author Topic: Hello Hello  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Cob

• Cloud City Reserve
  • IS-10054
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello Hello
« on: January 31, 2014, 11:04:44 AM »
Hi folks,

I recently acquired a strange compulsion to put a suit together... (I think it may have been fueled by my coworker getting me hooked on Tiny Death Star.)   I started jogging last year and while I'm still not really up to full speed yet I want to get a costume together for 5k runs and whatnot.  Bumbled into the 501st pages while looking into that. :)

Mostly, I've been lurking awhile and reading all the various forums.  Here, whitearmor and mepd ; I think ultimately I really want to build a Sandtrooper/TD outfit, but it seems a little daunting to start there, so I've been waffling off and on between that, building a TK set, and possibly easing in with Imperial Deck Crew->Tie Reserve Pilot->Tie Pilot. Aghh! I don't know what to do!

About me: Standard introvert programmer. I do web app development for a living, have a house in SW Portland with my long-time gf and four cats. :D  I run a couple of text MUDs and still play World of Warcraft. (I flunked out of SWTOR after I went Jedi and all my online friends went Empire).  I grew up in a Trek household, so don't hold that against me. :D

So, this might be a phase... but I figure I'll just enjoy being a total newb and see where things go. :D  I finally ordered a Droopydoos resin kit for a E-11 blaster, so that will be my first project disaster while I warm up.  I plan on coming out to do some spotting and what not as well. :D

Cheers!

Offline MetalJedi

Re: Hello Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 11:29:55 AM »
Hi Cob,

Welcome to the forums!

While you are considering all of your awesome costume options, we can always use spotters at events.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Harry - TK/TB 6472

Offline Leia8674

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 03:43:58 PM »
Welcome to the boards!
Macy

Offline Daverian

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 01:09:19 PM »
Welcome!  :D :D :D

Offline NavySith

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 07:01:20 PM »
Welcome

Sent from Kamino using Tapatalk

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 07:15:19 PM »
Let me know if you have any questions about how to get started as a spotter.

Missy
Jedi Missy

Tags: