Author Topic: Thinking about selling Jango...  (Read 4511 times)

Ribann

Thinking about selling Jango...
« on: December 27, 2012, 09:45:51 PM »
It's been fun, but I might be looking to sell my Jango after ECCC. Jango has largely been my favorite character, hence why I built him, but after trooping in him for almost a year, it has become obvious to me it might be wise to let him go. Why?

1) I could do two costumes or more for the price of Jango.
2) Jango is a pain in the arse to maintain and suit up before troops.
3) Very few people (non-nerd) recognize the costume/character.

There are other minor reasons, but I just feel like I'd like to use the money from selling Jango to invest in other costumes (and pay bills!).

Jango was my first build. I learned a lot and it exposed me to the world of the 501st. But as I have told some of you I did not know what the Mandalorian Mercs were before I started building Jango. HAD I KNOWN who they were, I would NOT have done Jango. I thought Jango would be unique, but unfortunately in the eyes of the masses, I blend in with all of the Mercs. I have a big ego (admittedly) and I like to stand out. I want to move on to other costumes that are unique and iconically Star Wars. I have nothing but respect for the passion guys have building their own custom mandos, but I want to remain distinctly 501st with my costume. It's nothing personal to anyone.

So what costumes am I thinking of doing with the money made from selling Jango? Well, that remains to be seen. On the other hand, I am currently striving towards doing a non-Star Wars costume. Which one? Laugh all you want, but I'd love to pull off Bane from The Dark Knight Rises. It will take a dramatic physical transformation, no doubt. I've already been hard at work hitting the gym 5 days a week and changing my diet. I hope through multiple phases of cutting and bulking I will be big enough in 9-12 months to pull off the costume. I've been skinny my whole life (and recently had put on a lot of weight). Seeing my mom these last couple months before passing away has giving me the motivation to change myself. I've already dramatically changed my body in these last 6 weeks (205lbs down to 183lbs). I want to pull off Bane in a way that stays true to Tom Hardy's physical appearance in TDKR. It will take a while.

For now, just throwing it out there that I'll probably be selling Jango after ECCC.

Offline darthbarber

Re: Thinking about selling Jango...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 10:38:43 PM »
I think that is one of the best costumes we have here, sad to see it go man but ya got to do what ya got to do!
5150!!!

Offline Mosi

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 11:19:15 PM »
It would be sad to see such a rad Jango go, but I support whatever decision you make because I get it. Plus, you in your Bane and Mindie in her TDKR catwoman would be awesome sauce!  :mrgreen:

Maybe you would have enough leftover for a wolfpack clone?
pew pew

Ribann

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 07:00:37 AM »
Maybe you would have enough leftover for a wolfpack clone?

Maybe  :mrgreen:

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »
Sad to see our Jango go Adam. But whatever you decide you have my support buddy.  :D
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline Aysel

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »
you do what you think is right Adam, but your Jango is freaking awesome, however if the sell of it finances another freaking awesome costume then it's all good ^_^ although if you go clone just gotta say "and you thought you had mobility issues with Jango..."^_^

Offline Mark-John Jinn

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 07:07:11 PM »
Everyone is right, your Jango is top notch. If you want an easy costume to that's easy to move in, easy to maintain and impossible to see in build a tusken raider. The we could walk single file. JK do what you need to. Just keep trooping.

"Those Tuskens walk like men, but they're vicious, mindless monsters."
-Cliegg Lars

Offline David A

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 07:49:27 PM »
 will just to let you know your  jango does stands out in a crowd!!!!! This is a sad day for the impire,  by the way did you know Tom Hardy is mad max in the new movie!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:53:32 PM by David A »

Ribann

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 05:22:39 PM »
Thanks guys. Also don't forget that in order to sell Jango I need a buyer, lol. So just because I want to sell him doesn't mean it will necessarily happen. I really don't want to piece everything out, but that's what will probably happen.

Anyway, and yes, Tom Hardy should make an awesome Mad Max. Luckily for me Tom Hardy is roughly my size. Think it's pretty obvious he started doing steroids to play the role of Bane. Don't want to go down that road myself.

Offline greedo

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 09:45:25 PM »
There's nothing more comfortable to wear than owning a droid
F**K you Photobucket!

Ribann

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 09:20:17 AM »

*Insert Jack Nicholson eyebrow raise* Words of wisdom, Greedo. Words of wisdom.

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 12:35:46 PM »
Adam, I look forward to your upcoming Costume builds and your 501st one.  Character from Batman are great.  I look forward to Wizaed World in Feb when I do the Classic Batman and Dabvid Sherman does DK and Mindie as Catwoman. As much as Karyn would love to wear Batgirl... it is on back burner till Rachel gets a bit older.  Adam you doing Bane will look great. Now I wonder what Marc M. will go towards. :)
Allan Quick

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 01:00:34 PM »

Adam,

You would only need two-three Jangos to sell.  :mrgreen:

Ribann

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 12:46:07 PM »

Adam,

You would only need two-three Jangos to sell.  :mrgreen:

Offline Ram'ser Vau

• Mando Mercs
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 06:59:50 PM »
Hey there Adam, I will have to chime in with everyone else that your Jango is awesome. Besides, you're the only Jango around here so...

As to selling, yes, you will have better luck parting it out. Unfortunately, most people don't have the smiley to buy a while Jango at once. Just a quarter Jango, front quarter, ribs and t-bones... As to that, I may be interested in a few pieces, lol.
John

Tags: