Author Topic: Just found this  (Read 2853 times)

Offline AxisJohn

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Just found this
« on: October 26, 2012, 01:33:27 PM »
I've been looking at getting a TK suit for many years, and while doing that, I just stumbled on to the 501st site.  This has got to be the coolest extra curricular activity I've ever seen, but BOY is it expensive!

Is this group still active?  I noticed there isn't much activity so-to-speak on these forums.

Offline Luananeko

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
  • The "Avatar Lady"...
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Just found this
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 02:11:18 PM »
Welcome! There are two main levels of access to the boards, the ones available to the public and the ones available to folks that have been approved by the 501st and/or Rebel Legion. The boards are pretty active in the private areas, just not so much on the public ones ;)

We have events anywhere from multiple times a week to once a month depending on how busy the season is, so the group is very much still active and going strong.

Kim

--- Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and more! www.THGProps.com ---

Offline Terrys

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 03:45:11 PM »
Hi John,

Welcome to the Forum. This link is a great resource for TK if you have not found it yet:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

Offline AxisJohn

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 04:19:09 PM »
I've been reading that site for weeks! haha  It's crazy that when I think I've figured it out, I learn something new!  One thing I just can't seem to figure out is, where on earth do you find untrimmed kits?  All I ever seem to find are ebay, webstores, etc. 

Offline darthbarber

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 08:39:54 PM »
Stay away from ebay you never know what you'll catch! haha
5150!!!

Offline Katze

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 08:44:58 PM »
Welcome to the boards!  We always welcome new blood!!!
TR-52638
Janet

Offline Aysel

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 06:26:34 PM »
Hello and Welcome from Kashyyyk Base ^_^ As someone else has stated, stay away from ebay! You could end up paying double or more for what's available on ebay vs what you'll be able to find from another member. Mosi is one of the garrison member liaisons (GML) and will be able to point you in the right direction for finding your kit. ^_^ It's starting to move into the off season for us, so you could be able to get your TK up and running by our next trooping season, but in the mean time take a look at the spotter forum and see what the upcoming events are as it's a good way to meet us and see if a TK is what you want or if you maybe get another idea ^_^

Offline NavySith

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 06:50:51 PM »
Welcome

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline AxisJohn

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 10:28:34 AM »
Well after some more research, I've put myself on the ATA waiting list.  I've loved the TK armor since the early 80's and have decided I MUST have it ;)  I DO However, want to build a CX and a TB..  The scout was always my second favorite... maybe even my favorite at one point.

Offline Mark-John Jinn

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 10:28:52 AM »
Welcome, we are a very active group. I would suggest that while you are building your tk you come out and troop with us. We always need spotters and it is a good way to meet people in person. You can ask questions and find someone willing to help you with your armor.

"Those Tuskens walk like men, but they're vicious, mindless monsters."
-Cliegg Lars

Tags: