Author Topic: ‘Star Wars’ Live-Action Series Has a Name  (Read 3767 times)

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
‘Star Wars’ Live-Action Series Has a Name
« on: January 10, 2012, 12:24:19 PM »
Heres the latest, NON RUMOR  :wink:.........Ol Tony
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/21887.html

But 'Star Wars: Underworld' Is Still Years Away
Published: 01/10/2012 12:32pm
McCallum on the Star Wars Set
Lucasfilm honcho Rick McCallum has been out drumming up publicity for Red Tails, the elaborate film about the Tuskegee airmen, the African-American aviators who, in spite of segregation, fought courageously against the Nazis in World War II. Red Tails was financed entirely by Lucasfilm and has long been one of George Lucas’ pet projects, so the entire Lucasfilm crew, including McCallum, is currently out drumming up interest in the film that opens on January 20th.

Given a chance to ask questions of the reclusive Lucasfilm producer, it was only natural that the subject of the company’s final announced Star Wars project, the long-simmering Star Wars live-action TV series, came up—and there is news. The series, which takes place in the 20 years between Episode III (Revenge of the Sith) and Episode IV (A New Hope), will be called Star Wars: Underworld. During the two decades covered by the series, the young Luke Skywalker is growing up, though he doesn’t figure to be anything more than a tangential figure in Star Wars: Underworld, which concentrates on the expansion of the Empire, which is driven by a cabal of shadowy government figures who forge alliances with gangsters, thugs, and corrupt traitors from other governmental units.

As ICv2 has already reported Lucasfilm has commissioned and received 50 completed scripts for one-hour TV shows from some of the top TV writers in the world (see “Life on Mars Scribe Penning Star Wars TV”). McCallum told IGN that each episode of the ambitious Star Wars live-action series is “bigger than the prequels were…They’re complex, they’re dark, they’re adult.” But unfortunately we will have to wait until the shows can be produced for $5 million per episode, which will depend on quickly the costs of some of today’s elaborate special effects shots and processes can be reduced considerably.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:29:03 PM by OldTonyKenobi »
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline Ilovesanddirt

Re: ‘Star Wars’ Live-Action Series Has a Name
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 01:29:04 PM »
But 'Star Wars: Underworld' Is Still Years Away

Oh right!  The bad guys are the "Lycans" and the good guys are the "death dealers"!

Offline Yu-Kahn Fett

• My Star Wars Thread
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 04:40:56 PM »
I read this and thought  :deadhorse:

At first I was all  :roll:

Then I was all like    :huh:

But then I got all      :shock:

But ended up feeling  :dancechewie:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:43:00 PM by Yu-Kahn Fett »
Pfffft. I used to go to Toshi Station to pick up power converters before going to Toshi Station to pick up power converters was cool.

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 05:39:45 AM »
Pardon me while I squee like a preteen girl in line for a re-release of Twilight.

Offline Aysel

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 05:56:43 AM »
it may be years away, and things tend to change a lot in the preproduction process but at least there's still a glimmer of hope that we'll see this happen.

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 09:09:35 AM »
not much new information, what else is new right? Lucas said a while back in an interview. Blah, blah, blah, $5 million, blah, blah, blah, Underworld<<<new. Can't wait to see the real Underworld next week..... my favorite type of Vampire!

Offline fatlilryan

• First Name Michael
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 11:22:50 AM »
Saw Lucas on John Stewart the other night. GL said it took him 24 years to complete Red Tails (his new movie), so apparently he takes nearly forever to do anything! Which would explain why he's directed less than a dozen films in his career... Hopefully he'll get others to direct the TV series!
Ryan
"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it." - Darth Bane

Offline Aysel

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 01:44:02 PM »
oh, you mean like how Empire is directed by Irvin Kershner and is arguably the best of all the films? :mrgreen:

Offline Wanna B Fett

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 02:36:03 PM »
5 million an episode? Pocket change to Mr. Lucus. And the acting had better be way better then those "prequels".
Josh
\"What if he doesn\'t survive? He\'s worth a lot to me...\"

Ribann

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 03:20:22 PM »
But unfortunately we will have to wait until the shows can be produced for $5 million per episode, which will depend on quickly the costs of some of today’s elaborate special effects shots and processes can be reduced considerably.

Maybe if they have a tight budget on the special effects stuff we'll see more of a focus on basic things like character development and story..............something that made the original trilogy great................something the prequels lack...  :undecided:

Offline fatlilryan

• First Name Michael
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 04:48:03 PM »
oh, you mean like how Empire is directed by Irvin Kershner and is arguably the best of all the films? :mrgreen:

Empire is quite possibly the best movie of all time!!!   8)
Ryan
"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it." - Darth Bane

Offline Luananeko

• Kashyyyk Base Reserve
  • The "Avatar Lady"...
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 09:17:07 PM »
I guess I'm weird, Empire is actually my least favorite of the original three... :rolleyes: Return of the Jedi ftw!

Kim

--- Check out our "Unbreakable" E-11's and more! www.THGProps.com ---

Offline Aysel

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 03:33:31 PM »
emotionally speaking I agree with you Kim, but critically (this is my audio/visual mind speaking) Empire has everything you could want in a movie (outside of Princess Bride)

Tags: