Author Topic: Anyone have access to a vacu-table? Art project related- non sw  (Read 2404 times)

Offline slave23

• Cloud City Member
  • 501st Legion Member
    • www.vans.com
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hey all. 

Was wondering if anyone here has, or have access to a vac table.  I've got a project I'm working on for my friend's art show in Seattle.

It's 50 artists, and each are given a custom sized wooden coffin.(The name of the art studio is Electric Coffin). 

My idea for my coffin is to essentially make a "vintage-y" action figure blister/card, complete with a custom figure. So, I thought to vac form the wood coffin(19"x8" approx) with a clear sheet.  I want that to be a " card bubble" for my figure, which would then be glued to the card I'm designing.   

Does that explain it?  It's kind of a strange idea.  But I think will be a really neat way to use the canvas. 

Here's some of last year's show-
http://electriccoffin.com/deathbox/index.php?/exhibits/boxes-of-death/

If this sounds interesting or you know of someone that does have access to a vac table, that would be amazing!  :) 

Here's a link to my art blog showing my last project-
http://lukeyatesart.blogspot.com/

Lmk, you can PM me, or post here. 

Thanks for reading! 

Luke

Offline fatlilryan

• First Name Michael
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Anyone have access to a vacu-table? Art project related- non sw
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 04:07:42 PM »
Cool idea! Wish I had access to such... I'd be using it for tons of stuff!!   :laugh:
Ryan
"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it." - Darth Bane

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 03:18:18 PM »
I have access to a forming table, and I could form something that is 19x3, but have several questions.

1. How deep is the item you are wanting to form?

2. You want to form it with a clear sheet of what?
I've never formed acrylic, but I do know it has to be dried so it will take some trial and error (meaning
multiple test pieces) to get it done.

3. Can you post a picture of what you are wanting to form so I can get a better idea of what needs to
be done?

4. Did you ever find the mold to the dr doom mask?
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline RHEBB

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 04:23:12 PM »
Luke, I have one it's 24 x 24. I'm mainly  free on sundays. Let me know if that works.
Rick Hebb

Offline slave23

• Cloud City Member
  • 501st Legion Member
    • www.vans.com
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 11:29:38 AM »
Rick, hey, sending you a PM. 

I was at Mosi's last nite and we tried to pull a couple, it's just his table was tiny bit small. 

I'd love to try and swing by your casa sometime to try it out. 
Luke

Tags: