Author Topic: Blue-ray special features!!  (Read 5194 times)

Offline Ilovesanddirt

Re: Blue-ray special features!!
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 11:29:33 PM »
This it interesting, but stoopid  :roll:. Really people? Just enjoy it, or don't buy it. Pffffttt.
http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/20969.html
If you can't link the above, it reads;

"Fans Seek Boycott of 'Star Wars' Blu-rays"
  "Hardcore Star Wars fans are all over the Internet excoriating the latest round of changes that George Lucas has made to the original Star Wars Trilogy in preparation for the Star Wars Blu-ray release, which is due out on September 16th.  The new Blu-ray set will not only feature a sparkling new high-def transfer of the film, but will also include over 40 hours of extras, some of which have never been released before (see “'Star Wars' BDs”).
   The problem is not the extras, but the changes that Lucas has made to the original films themselves (and the fact that he is only making the altered versions available and not the “original” films).  Some of the changes like the new painting hanging on the wall in Jabba the Hutt’s palace or the replacement of the Yoda puppet in The Phantom Menace with a CGI model, or new CGI Ewoks who now blink, are less controversial than others, especially the overdubbing of Darth Vader screaming “No, Noooo!” as he saves Luke from Emperor Palpatine’s Force Lightning attack in Star Wars: A New Hope rendering the scene in the opinion of the Sydney Morning Herald “into a cringe-worthy farce.”
   Then there’s the new Obi Wan Kenobi’s Krayt Dragon howl, which one Internet site unkindly likened to the “sound of a pedophile getting his male member caught in a screen door.”
  Although some fans will undoubtedly heed the call to boycott the new Star Wars BD releases, the lure of hi-def and all those new extras is strong--and fans will surely have the previous versions on DVD so that they can demonstrate the "travesties" that Lucas has perpetrated if they buy the BDs.  There may well be a benefit to the controversy after all.  Never bet against George Lucas' ability to monetize his Star Wars movies yet again."

It was Return of the Jedi not A New Hope!  :mrgreen: I win!

Offline vader55th

• Cloud City Retired
  • TD-8955
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 06:14:25 AM »
Those of you who want to buy this, Amazon has it for $89.99 pre-order right now...I guess that's better than $139.99.....Happy Hunting....
James
TD8955 / BH8955 / DS8955

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2011, 10:11:22 AM »
Even with all the changes. It does not bother me. I will still get it.  I am looking forward to the deleted scenes.
Allan Quick

Offline Blue Leader

• Rebel Legion member
  • Ace Pilot
    • Blue Leader's Universe
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 11:37:46 AM »
Even with all the changes. It does not bother me. I will still get it.  I am looking forward to the deleted scenes.
Ditto. I think people are making too big of a fuss about the changes. Really, the changes to the Blu-ray aren't that big of a deal. The larger door to Jabba's palace? It looks weird, but meh, whatever... The blinking Ewok eyes? Creepy, but not a big issue. Darth Vader's new lines in RotJ? While they seem a little out of place and rather unneeded, again it's not a big enough of an issue to really bother me. None of the changes were needed but they were done nonetheless and they're not enough to ruin the experience for me.

Really, the only change Lucas has made so far that's really bothered me was replacing the older Anakin spirit with the younger Hayden Christensen version in Return of the Jedi. That change still doesn't make any sense to me... I mean, Anakin was "reborn" and died when he was older, not when he was young! The change just doesn't make any sense to me...
Besides, I don't like Hayden Christensen, he's a horrible actor. Having him in the prequels was bad enough, I don't want to see him in the original trilogy as well. :P
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:39:30 AM by Blue Leader »
B-wing Pilot - Jedi[/center]

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 12:11:43 PM »
I'll be buying it, I'm not gonna lie to myself. My vote for biggest mistake in changes is having Greedo shoot first, then changing it to them shooting "at the same time" because he realized how ridiculous it was.

Tags: