Author Topic: Star Wars Night at PK Stadium, Eugene - Mission Complete  (Read 11484 times)

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Star Wars Night at PK Stadium, Eugene - SPOTTERS NEEDED!! Aug 5th
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 02:23:27 PM »
2760 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.Eugene, OR 97401 is the Address to Google. the parking is behind Stadium on Leo Harris Parkway as the contruction is on Martin Luther King Blvd. Just follow Detour signs. anymore spotters besides the 3( Phil PM for details) will have to go to Ticket Office( It is in from of Stadium on Martin Luter King Blvd. Side) to purchase a 9.00 ticket. Call me if you have any questions.  Entry 5.

Phil, will you be able to be at Stadium by 4:30 pm? 
Allan Quick

Offline Katze

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 03:13:29 PM »
YAY!!!  I'm so glad you're bringing my kids down!   Have room to pick me up on the way to the stadium?  I live practically down the street and don't want to take my car since parking is limited..

Janet
Janet make sure you purchase a ticket. It is 9.00 at ticket booth.

Already did...
TR-52638
Janet

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 06:04:26 PM »
Allan,
yep!  We finished the trial today and were released. see you tomorrow afternoon!

Phil
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 08:23:33 PM »
Allan,
yep!  We finished the trial today and were released. see you tomorrow afternoon!

Phil

Phil, will you be able to make to my house by 4:00 pm?  Earlier is good too. Call my Cell. Everything is in place  and Water and snacks are for us in Changing room (Press Box)
Allan Quick

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 07:13:38 AM »
Allan,
Yes, I will be there before 4:00pm, leaving PDX around 12:30 to be exact so should be there early. Might stop at Tony's first.
Thanks,
Phil
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline Katze

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 10:19:48 PM »
Barring the accident Ron had, I think that tonight was a great success.  I really enjoyed it.  I look forward to the Eugene Celebration Parade!
TR-52638
Janet

Offline Mosi

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 08:36:15 AM »
Barring the accident Ron had, I think that tonight was a great success.  I really enjoyed it.  I look forward to the Eugene Celebration Parade!

What happened to Ron?????
pew pew

Offline Katze

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 09:08:51 AM »
When everyone was lined up, waiting to go on the field, one of the players hit him on the head with his hand.  We don't know if it was meant to be playful or if it was malicious, but with his bucket on, it really hurt him.  He was checked out a couple of times by the EMTs, but he was having a rough night.  When I left him, he seemed to be okay, but I haven't heard from him yet today.  I know he had a massive migraine last night.

Janet

TR-52638
Janet

Offline Carlos

• Cloud City Reserve
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 10:25:31 AM »
I hope they find the player who did it:evil:
By your Command.

Offline Aysel

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2011, 11:10:22 AM »
from Kim Ron's wife via facebook:

"Ugh. What sort of a****** thinks its okay to slam your fist on top of the "helmet" of a costumed volunteer raising money for a charity?? And of all the people in the lineup, he picks the ONE person that has a history of concussions just because he's the shortest storm trooper in the line. Poor Ron has a minor concussion now!

It was before the game while we were lining everyone up in the tunnel to go out onto the field to receive the check for Children's Miracle Network. Myself and the other spotters weren't watching because we were crowded around trying to get the instructions on what everyone was supposed to do. One of the players on the home team came up from behind Ron and did it, so he had ZERO warning... Apparently the same guy was messing with Chewy's face earlier too. Didn't get the player number, but the public safety and stadium staff were pretty sure they knew who did it. They recorded it as an injury on the public record caused by a player to a staff, and they will be disciplining the player. We didn't want to cause a scene, so we didn't call the cops to arrest him or anything since it looked like he thought it was just a joke and wasn't being malicious, but if there's ANY medical bills involved or if it endangers his new job we WILL call the public safety guy back and revisit the idea if the idiot won't compensate us..."

this is assault, whether the guy thought it was funny or not, it resulted in a fairly serious injury.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:39:35 AM by Jabbasdead »

Offline Katze

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2011, 11:50:05 AM »
I didn't see what happened, and I didn't even know about it until later, but if I had, I would have tripped him on the way to the game.  I can't believe someone could do that.  What happened to professionalism?  Ron's really not doing well today.  I only hope that it doesn't effect his new job.  On a side note, I forgot how fast a worried mother can run.  I flew down those stairs and down the hallway when Karen told me the EMTs were checking him out.

J
TR-52638
Janet

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 11:55:45 AM »
He is posting on Facebook right now, so that is a good sign. Eight years of doing this and have only had 3 incidents (two up he in one in SoCal) of any sort and you see that I bring my kids to these things.  One thing this brings up is awareness, we need to make sure these venue's make sure their employ's know what the limits are.  They may be used to "rough-housing" with Sluggo and see us in the same light as Sluggo.

Tags: