Author Topic: Republic Commando looking on joining 501st  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Dom

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Republic Commando looking on joining 501st
« on: April 28, 2011, 02:36:23 AM »
Hello everyone, my name is Jake and I am a huge Star Wars Fan (who isn't...really). I have been interested in joining the 501st for a long time when I heard of you guys back in 2009. Since late 2010 I have worked on multiple Costumes except one of them which is a Rubies Stormtrooper which don't fit me and not acceptable in the 501st (unless I modified it). I bought it more out of suprise because I've never seen a Stormtrooper in the Armor or just the Armor itself in person before. Then I discovered a Scout Trooper Armor kit online, so I proceeded to build that armor, only thing missing is the actual Boots. Now, just recently I found Republic Commando armor, just completed it, now I'm looking for a blaster prop (DC-17m). I am very proud of my accomplishments of getting and building my Scout trooper and Republic Commando Armor Costumes. I'm looking on joining the 501st, it's my location I'm worried about. I live in Kennewick, WA and there is no Garrison, Squad or Detachment here. I hope that doesn't affect me on joining. Anyways I thought I would come here and introduce myself. Any help on the joining process would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for taking the time to read this.

Offline Jabbasdead

Re: Republic Commando looking on joining 501st
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 11:47:10 AM »
Your location would not prevent you from joining the 501st.  It kind of depends on where you want to troop.  If you look at our calendar and think trooping with us is practical, then send me your information and I'll work with you.  If you think you would be trooping more in Washington, then check out Garrison Titan's board.  As a Scout myself, when do you need to complete your boots?

Tags: