Public Information > Spotter Archive

Spotters Needed - STAR WARS NIGHT, Eugene - PK Park 7/24 - Mission Complete

(1/3) > >>

Ancient Fan:

Thanks Everybody - we've got the spotters covered!!

Event: Star Wars Night - Eugene Emeralds Baseball Team
Time: 5:00 pm
Eugene, OR 97401
Link to Event: http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=4836.0

Spotter Roster:

Phil
Vicki
Kathy
Jedipimp
Johnny
Starla

Each spotter will be given a lanyard ID to show you're a member of the troop event  :mrgreen:

volfireman37:
I'm new to all of this. What do the spotters do? I'd like to help where I can.

Ancient Fan:

Hi Volfireman!

Spotters are the "plainclothes" who assist the troopers by running crowd control (keeping overzealous fans at arms length for example) and acts as a kind of liaison between the troopers and fans for photos (arrange the people, etc.) so the fans have a good experience as well. We also help if the troopers need assistance in putting on their armor / costume. Its actually wide ranging, and if done properly lends to the presence of the people in costume at the event. We have lanyard badges to identify ourselves as being part of the event (and not just some looney  :tongue:). If you are interested, let me know - you do not need to be a member to be a spotter. Another thing, it is not always easy for various troopers to see due to vision limitations of the costume they're wearing so we try to watch they don't walk into something like a small child  :wink:. As I like to say, we "observe and assist".

Thanks

Phil

volfireman37:
Yeah I would be very interested in helping out

jedipimp:
hey there i would be very interested in helping out as a spotter for this event..im new to all this so if you could get back to me with all the info it would be greatly appreciated...send me a mesg or call me scottie 541-606-7395

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version