Author Topic: i want to get into this  (Read 3120 times)

jedi1354

i want to get into this
« on: May 31, 2010, 03:21:13 PM »
i have been interested in star wars costuming for a while and always thought i am too fat to be a stormtrooper.  i have thought a imperal officer or a gunner would fit me ok 6 3 270 or so pounds
where should i start looking and around how much will it cost to build a good enough costume to join the 501st

Thank you

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: i want to get into this
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 03:38:43 PM »
Welcome to the "City In The Clouds."
pm sent.
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 03:44:02 PM »
hello and welcome!decide on what you would like to do and we can help from there.it looks as if our man cooter has already taken care of you!
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

jedi1354

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 05:28:26 PM »
i think i want to start collecting the parts for a gunner uniform.  is there a good tutorial out there
I have found many helmets on ebay but no gunner helmets where should i go to find one.

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 05:30:05 PM »
I'll get you squared away don't worry, don't buy anything yet. I'll send you a pm in a while.....
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 06:27:48 PM »
I am glad you are doing your homework on a costume that fits your body type. You are on the right track.. welcome to Cloud City Garrison.
Allan Quick

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 07:13:02 PM »
AWWW. I wanna do a "XXXL trooper" :cry: :cry: :cry:...........ol tony
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 09:49:20 AM »
Officer's uniforms are real easy. The boots are probably the most expensive piece. But I would say that if one were frugal enough, they could get an officer done for about $300, that is if you don't mind making the uniform from scratch. If you buy the costume, it would be a lot more, since upgrades are always something that would need to be done.

I'm a former Imperial Officer of this garrison. If you wanted to go with Imp Officer, I can help you out. But like Cooter said, don't buy anything yet, until you have figured out exactly what you are wanting. This garrison is committed to looking out for its own, including their pocket book. So, listen to the advice given... you won't ever be steered wrong, I can promise you that!

I can definitely help you with that officer belt (leather worker here), since I have made a few.

Good luck!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

jedi1354

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 10:01:08 PM »
so i think i am going to go with a gunner. just because i like helmets. and i believe i read that turning a gunner into a tie pilot is also fairly easy

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 11:37:43 PM »
so i think i am going to go with a gunner. just because i like helmets. and i believe i read that turning a gunner into a tie pilot is also fairly easy

Oh yes very.
Just it isn't cheap.

Take off the Gunner Helmet put on a black officer hat and boom Imperial Crewman.
Take off the Imperial Crewman hat put on Tie armor and helmet, and boom Tie Fighter Pilot.
Take off Tie Armor and Helmet, put on Navy helmet, and boom Navy Trooper.

Tags: