Author Topic: Fund raising trooping event for those interested  (Read 1337 times)

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Fund raising trooping event for those interested
« on: November 17, 2009, 11:08:08 PM »
Hey folks, I have been working a lot with the local "underground" media and social network groups in Portland lately.  PDX.FM, Strange Love Live, and several other groups I have been involved with around here are doing a telethon they are calling the 30 hour day.  They are raising money for any and all charities.  The idea is that people donate to whatever charity that wish to and these folks help to get it channeled to the right places.  It is an interesting concept, and one that has generated a lot of sparks in the pod cast media world.  I am going to do a troop there as Master Chief and a clonetrooper.  I am retired, so I am not doing this in an official capacity for the 501st, but I am doing it to bring awareness to Cloud City Garrison, the 501st, and DCH.  If you are interested, let me know and I will include you in the live web and pod cast event.

Here is the link to the blog site.  The date is December 18-19, if you are wanting in.  Check it out and I hope to have a couple people help me out live.
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Tags: