Author Topic: That's no moon...it's a new member!  (Read 7817 times)

Offline Ilovesanddirt

Re: That's no moon...it's a new member!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 09:38:58 AM »
Lets keep the bashing/negative opinions of other garrisons OFF the public side of the forums!  It's just not how we are!  :D  Carry on!

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 09:42:31 AM »
Not bashing, just stating a fact, as relayed to me from a member of another outpost who did get criticized and  and did judge him based on his size.

The point of the post is that Kyle will receive none of that here, ever! And if he does, that trooper and I will have a little chat..... or my foot up their posterior region!  :mrgreen:

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Ambad

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 10:55:04 AM »
Not bashing, just stating a fact, as relayed to me from a member of another outpost who did get criticized and  and did judge him based on his size.

The point of the post is that Kyle will receive none of that here, ever! And if he does, that trooper and I will have a little chat..... or my foot up their posterior region!  :mrgreen:

- Bill
In that case, the Force had better be with them, because they're going to need it!

Yeah, I'm not so worried about what people think, I'm more worried about the accuracy of the costume itself. I mean, it would be hard to find a template for the armor that would be easy to upscale...I mean, unless this guy

is sharing his secret to making it fit, I don't imagine I'll have as much initial luck as a scout as I would as something like an AT-ST Driver, Death Star Trooper, Imperial Engineer, etc. Even the Dengar armor looks easier to upscale than all the interlocking bits of most Storm Trooper or Clone variants...

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 11:46:00 AM »
Hey the one thing about the scout is that it is a lot more adustable than a TK. When I started my scout I was 274lb at 5'7"'s tall. I am still 5'7" but I am closer to 225 now with a goal of getting down to 200 by Fiesta Bowl.

Offline Lufta Shif

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 05:24:41 PM »
Well, you know....Jedi garb is relatively easy to assemble and is also very roomy.   :D

Hey, how about Imperial Royal Guard?

If you are into steampunk, how about Naboo googled pilots or leather-laden security guards?  They always reminded me of steampunk style. 

Offline THX-1138

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Kashyyyk Base Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 10:32:21 PM »
We can never have too many Jedi... with Order 66 and, all, we're a little short on numbers...

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 08:17:46 AM »
Go Imperial, we have better benefits... besides, why would you want to live with a death mark? Silly Jedi and their rebellious ways!  :mrgreen:

-Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Ambad

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 02:29:42 PM »
Go Imperial, we have better benefits... besides, why would you want to live with a death mark? Silly Jedi and their rebellious ways!  :mrgreen:

-Bill
Of course I plan to side with the Empire on this one... I really don't have any intention of being a Jedi... Sith maybe...

Anywho, I was unable to find any gray coveralls that even come close to looking like those worn by the AT-ST driver. Does anybody know of someplace that sells such coveralls, or even some that could be easily modified to look like them (IE, no torso pockets or exposed zippers, no short sleeves, etc.), or is this something I am better off trying to fabricate myself? I'm also looking for a good source for the helmet. I've found many images of them, and even images of kits, but haven't been able to trace them to any place that sells them. The Helmet is something that I don't feel comfortable trying to make completely on my own, although I'm sure I have the ingenuity to assemble one from a kit, or modify an existing similar helmet to look like it. Everything else (the boots, gloves, belt, goggles, etc.) seems much easier to obtain...

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 02:47:21 PM »
With your size, it might be wise to get fabric material of the proper shade and fabricate it yourself. At least you know it will fit you!

In a lot of circles that I frequent, it is said that the coverall patter was pretty much the same or the Rebel and Imperial pilots, Bossk, Imperial technicians and so forth. So, if you can find good, solid reference pics of the coveralls, replicating shouldn't be too terribly bad.

For the helmet, there is a local guy who may be able to hook you up. I'll send you a PM, shortly.

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Tags: