Author Topic: SW donation  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Lynara

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
SW donation
« on: October 07, 2009, 02:54:42 PM »
Hi all,

I've been reading the posts and going to some of your events for a few years, though I'm not a costumer. I hope this is okay to post here. I'm getting ready to retire in the spring and will need to downsize to a smaller place. Sadly, that means most of my SW collection can't come with me. I thought this group might be able to use the items for charities (or for your individual collections).

There are about 9 boxes of SW memorabilia (almost all of it Luke-oriented, with a good dose of Vader), mostly recent OT items and action figures, different sets of trading cards including the oldies, fan club stuff, Insider issues, magazines, ornaments, Sideshow and similar statues (all Lukes), and assorted odds & ends.

I also have many zines from the 80's and 90's that I haven't gone through yet since that will require re-reading most of the stories.  :D But I'll be sorting through them in the next couple months if anyone is interested in them later.

Because there's always a catch, here are two: First, 3 of the boxes are in the garage, but the other 6 boxes plus the Sideshow/similar figures are on the third floor. I can't carry the boxes down the stairs myself, so whoever takes them would need to do that. Second, it's all-or-nothing; I'm cleaning out, so I'm looking for people to take everything. I live near Beaverton (26 and 217).

I hope this is an appropriate place to post - if not, any suggestions would be welcome. If you're wondering why I'm not selling instead of donating - well, my "toys" have given me years of enjoyment and it's time for them to go make other people happy!

Lyn

Offline Mosi

Re: SW donation
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 03:57:42 PM »
Wow! What a generous offer! I really like the charity idea. I'm sure a lot of it could be sold on the open market, then donated to a good cause... or just given away to kids here and there.
pew pew

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 04:27:42 PM »
Thats an AWESOME offer Lyn :D! We will let our wise and fearless leaders figure it out :wink:............old tony kenobi
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 12:44:57 PM by OldTonyKenobi »
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Ambad

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 05:32:04 PM »
Lynara, if you require assistance moving, I'd be happy to assist on behalf of CCG as a way of showing gratitude... I've had much experience moving things lately, namely all my Grandma's stuff from one apartment to another, in and out of storage, back into an apartment, and then to our house after she passed away. I've gotten very good at crating things up, and moving delicate furniture, and I can probably also get my brother, Kevin, and my friend, Patrick, to help as well... I'm available weekends and Tuesdays, as is my brother. Patrick is only available on Tuesdays.

This might also constitute an opportunity for me to start getting involved in helping out with the CCG. I have a pick-up, and a large shop next to the house I live in, and could provide ample storage until an event can be organized (likely some form of raffle or auction). Regardless of whatever is decided by the leadership of what is to be done, I think we can all agree this is not something to let go.

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 08:12:32 PM »
No offense But I think a member or maybe even an admin should be involved in handling this :)
Paul

Offline Mosi

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 08:34:51 PM »
No offense But I think a member or maybe even an admin should be involved in handling this :)

Exactly.. this is why her stuff isn't sitting in my garage, currently  :mrgreen:
pew pew

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 02:20:43 PM »
Tony (Cooter) handles our Charity Rep duties and will oversee this Donation and how it will be handled. Thank you Lyn. You are most generous.  Tony , Please PM Lyn.

Peace, Allan
Allan Quick

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 03:34:31 PM »
Hello Lyn....

My name is Tony. I am the Cloud City Garrison Charity Rep.

Your donation is greatly appreciated, and I will see to it
that your items are put to good use. They will be passed out
at various events such as Doernbecher Children's hospital,
Shriners Children's hospital, Toys for Tots, ect ect.

After a few days I could provide you, via email or regular mail,
or even by hand, an inventory list and can keep you updated
if you'd like as to where your items are handed out.

I will, shortly, send you a pm and email of my personal information,
phone number, and will try to make arrangements of when I can
come get it all.

Again thank you very much for your generous offer, and I look forward
to talking with you.

Tony
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline Lynara

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 06:10:14 PM »
Thanks for your input, everyone. Ambad, thanks much for the offer to help me move! That's very kind. I'm not planning a move until spring, but maybe I will take you up on your generous offer then. Tony, I'll email you. This is a terrific organization and I appreciate the wonderful charity work you do.

Lyn

Offline rtpaynter

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 07:01:54 PM »
Thank you, Lyn, for thinking of Cloud City Garrison and the kind words for what we do.
Robin Paynter

Life's too short to be so sour...

Tags: