Author Topic: Hello all: Another Newbie  (Read 6765 times)

Offline Aysel

Re: Hello all: Another Newbie
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 09:55:00 PM »
Hello from the rebel side of the house!

as for you costume questions send a PM to the garrison member liaison Daverian he's the guy you want to talk to about whatever costume you decide on.

and if you ever decide to go the rebel side of the house, you could probably pull off a mid-age Obi-Wan with that beard (if you still have it)  :mrgreen:

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 12:06:28 AM »
FYI.....

Dave isn't the GML, anymore. Nick2 (Sithman) is the GML, now.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline darthgaul

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 01:34:29 AM »
Hello from the rebel side of the house!

as for you costume questions send a PM to the garrison member liaison Daverian he's the guy you want to talk to about whatever costume you decide on.

and if you ever decide to go the rebel side of the house, you could probably pull off a mid-age Obi-Wan with that beard (if you still have it)  :mrgreen:
I have been seriously looking at the costume standards on rebellegion.com and with just a few things my jedi costume I posted above could qualify. I think that will be my first project before anything else... I know I keep changing my mind. :oops:

Should I post a intro on the Kashyyyk Base section of this forum, or on the rebellegion website forum, or does it matter?

Oh yes and the beard is still present.  :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 01:43:48 AM by darthgaul »
Matt.
I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Offline Aysel

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009, 08:51:23 PM »
on the GML thingy, I got my info from the front page of CCG, so that should probably be changed...

as for an intro for yourself here, nah this thread does just fine for that, if you want to specifically discuss what you want to do to get a Jedi done then post down there and over on the rebellegion site, they also have some really good threads over on the RL site for researching what you need to do...or you could do both...lots of folks belong to both sides of the house.

Offline darthgaul

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 09:16:14 PM »
or you could do both...lots of folks belong to both sides of the house.

This is my plan :)
Matt.
I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 04:56:26 PM »
welcome Matt :mrgreen:. look foreward to seeing you on both sides.........old tony kenobi
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2009, 06:06:34 PM »
I think if you worked on your Jedi to get it to Rebel Legion standards that would be great.  Consider your size and a Vader or Wampa, or Tusken Raider.  Your description may not work for a TK or a clone. Research is the key to finding the costume that compliments your size and etc... Ask more questions and we will help in being honest and helpful.
  Many have purchased Armor that did not work for their size or shape.  That felt they stepped to quickly and had armor that just sat in a tub or closet. 
Allan Quick

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2009, 07:36:49 PM »

I have been seriously looking at the costume standards on rebellegion.com and with just a few things my jedi costume I posted above could qualify. I think that will be my first project before anything else... I know I keep changing my mind. :oops:

Should I post a intro on the Kashyyyk Base section of this forum, or on the rebellegion website forum, or does it matter?

Oh yes and the beard is still present.  :)
  I would like to see more jedi Matt. It seems like we are always outnumbered, (even though the FORCE always prevails :wink:), Since you already have a jedi, all you would have to do is upgrade it a little, (I am just assuming cuz I dont have facebook either), and you could get approved on the RL side with minimal time and expense and start trooping asap. Thats where the real fun is, making a difference and spreading smiles, (yeah I know guys:deadhorse:). Then you can see up close what characters you like best, and/or what the garrison might be missing. Since Ive started trooping Ive changed my mind several times. Just something to think on...........old tony kenobi

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 07:54:35 AM »
Both Tony and Allan have hinted to something that is dead on, that is finding a costume that works well with you. However, if you still want to do Darth Vader, then you shouldn't let anyone else talk you out of of it. I've seen a 400lb Biker Scout, and the guy was like a big teddy bear - the nicest guy you could ever meet.

I think people spend too much time on canon this and canon that, and forget why we do this. Do what you are comfortable with, after all we are in it for the community, not ourselves... right?

With that said, if you are wanting to do something that can be easily accepted in both sides, the Tusken Raider is a costume that both Rebel Legion and 501st accept. Same is true with the Clone Troopers.

But, if you have a Jedi near completion, I would just get that finished. At least that would get you through the door.

Good luck!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 12:00:27 PM »
With that said, if you are wanting to do something that can be easily accepted in both sides, the Tusken Raider is a costume that both Rebel Legion and 501st accept. Same is true with the Clone Troopers.

REALLY? :shock: WOW, I didnt know that. The clone troopers make sense, but I dont remember any "good guy" Tusken Raiders.......old tony kenobi

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 12:17:49 PM »
Yeah, I thought it was a bit odd, too. But the Rebel Legion accepts Jawas, Tuskens, Wampas, Clones, and Mara Jade as costumes that are also accepted in the 501st. I think they did it to pad their costuming repetoire, myself. They see the 501st with denizens, so they pulled out the "creatures" section, which consists of Jawas, Tuskens, for the most part; and Wampas.

I agree with you, I never saw any good guy Tuskens. Unless you want to consider that A`sharad Hett was a Tusken, as was the other Hett and Tahiri Veila (from the EU). But those would have been face characters and would have been under different catagories. The only other consideration would have been the Tusken tribe that Anakin befriended when he was stuck out in the desert, all night long, due to a storm. This happened just before he met Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan - referenced by the novelization of The Phantom Menace.

Who knows, maybe the Rebel Legion is throwing the Tuskens a nod due to Anakin going all emo hack 'n slash on them, for the death of his mother.

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Tags: