Linked Events

• Light the Night Leukemia Walk: October 09, 2009

Author Topic: October 09, 2009, Light the Night Leukemia Walk  (Read 22107 times)

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: October 09, 2009, Light the Night Leukemia Walk
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 07:45:00 AM »
Awesome!

Meh, who can predict Mother Nature's motives, eh?

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 09:31:12 AM »
so we are currently at 70% to our goal. After we helped raise 19K for the pigbowl, $501 should be nothing  :lol:

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2009, 09:44:07 AM »
You'd think..... I am confident that we will reach our goal!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2009, 11:32:11 AM »
Hey Bill, I don't know if T'Igor will be suiting up yet, but if he is, he'll just show up in costume.

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2009, 12:02:27 PM »
No worries, Kyle. It is a little cramps quarters down there, but it is dry and safe to store our bins.

Just like I said last year, suiting up is not required for this event - but it is nice, since we would be a sure-fire hit down there, as we were last year. I'm just happy to have the support, in any capacity.

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2009, 12:15:49 PM »
I have got some more updated info for those who are costuming this event.

As for the crowd, I think if you guys walk around and take pictures, as well as if you do any re-enactments, etc. that would be fun for people.  The pictures is probably the biggest thing.  If someone is taking a picture, offer to jump in the next one with them so people will see why you are there.  Also remember that we will have professional team photos, so please stop by and take a team photo once you guys arrive.  He should be set up by 5:30 pm.  I would really like to have one of all of you for us to keep!  Also there is food, so please feel free to eat dinner there.

Thank you so much - Briana

Now, before you ask, I have already put the questions out as to what time dinner is expected to be served and when they really want us suited up and ready to go. I did suggest we eat before we get into costume, but we will see how that goes.... anyone have issues eating in costume?

As soon as I get the pertinent details, I will post them as soon as possible.

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 01:35:10 PM »
Excellent updates for this walk.. anymore folks .. Rally up.. This will be a fun Trooping weekend.. whew..
Allan Quick

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2009, 09:45:37 PM »
Bill, Natasha got a good checkup today from the Doctors so we will be doing the door to door this weekend. She did 2 miles today in her school walk a thon and had no problems. Knowing this kid she will get the remaining money our team needs by herself  :wink:. See ya next week.

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2009, 07:23:32 AM »
Glad to hear, Ralph. Thanks for all the great efort!

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline ceric

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2009, 09:10:06 AM »
Yay, almost Friday 8)

-Eric

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2009, 09:52:56 AM »
I am definitely looking forward to it. I think we have already raised more this year than we did last year, which is great. Looks like the weather ought to be fairly decent, too.

They are wanting us to be suited up in our costumes by 5:30 (for those who are costuming). Briana did say that dinner was provided and that we were invited to eat the grub that is provided. So, I guess (again, for those who are costuming) meet down at the top of the ramp (loading dock for the three building - under the skybridge on Salmon street) at about 5:00.

I will take us all down to the locker room, then and we can change and store our gear there.

I can't wait for Friday. Thanks to all who have donated their time, money or moral support!

- Bill
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 12:56:46 PM by tavrikgannon »

- Corran Horn

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2009, 12:55:52 PM »
Bill can you email me an address to park at, we will be coming up earlier than I thought. Any more troopers signing up? Troopers we are a little short of the $501 amount that we pledged can you help us out. Thanks

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2009, 01:27:38 PM »
There is on-site parking, here at the World Trade Center. I just talked with the parking booth attendant. He said that if you arrive after 4:30, parking will be $4 for the night. Before, it is something like $5 an hour.

I was going to suggest the EastBank Esplanade, which is on the other side of the river (under the Hawthorne Bridge), which is a flat rate of $4.50 a day. But as it is, parking is cheaper onsite - not to mention much closer - (provided it is not full) and the only street that will be blocked off for the parade should be Naito. Since the on-site parking is on Taylor Street (and it is a one-way that runs West Bound), leaving shouldn't be an issue for you.

The address for the World Trade Center's parking lot is 56 SW Taylor Street, Portland, Oregon 97204.

Any other questions, let me know.

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2009, 09:41:11 AM »
Hey Bill, I might not suit up for this. Wearing the armor yesterday was not very pleasant because I have some very uncomfortable cracks. I'm going to try and get them all fixed tonight. If I cannot get them fixed and in working order, I might also come as a hybrid Jedi.

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2009, 01:41:09 PM »
That's fine..... I'm ok with whatever capacity you are able to participate in.

-Bill

- Corran Horn

Tags: