Author Topic: E web anyone?  (Read 5979 times)

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: E web anyone?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 09:54:06 AM »
One word describes it: epic! I can't wait to see the finished product.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 10:15:06 AM »
The garage is clean, inventory has been taken so looks like I should be stating the build this weekend. Pics to follow- I am doing a WIP photo collage.

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 10:28:26 AM »
Awesome... can't wait!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Hoot

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 04:49:33 PM »
Jabbasdead,

I may have a source of information, pics, for you.  I have made a request, to someone I know, to see if I can get permission to let you see the pics.
-Matthew

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 05:46:20 PM »
awsome, look forward to hearing from you.

Offline Hoot

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 05:54:28 PM »
Here you go:

E-web

I looked at the pics and they are action shots from ESB.  Hopefully you will get something from them.
-Matthew

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 08:14:06 PM »
Those are great, I never saw the picture from behind before. Thanks.

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 09:08:43 AM »
question for the R2 builders out there.... our R2 that we had for the Golden Gate Garrison had the ability to "smoke" which I think was a can of "air" that they somehow rigged. Any idea's on how to make my E web smoke, I was thinking about one of those halloween foggers but then I would need a power source. I have plenty of space in the cannon portion to house a fogger.

Maybe I can hook up a can of Raid to keep the wookie flea's down :lol:.

Build pictures to be posted this weekend.

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 11:47:30 AM »
If you are doing a power box, like what was attached to the E-WEB in the movie, you could easily set up the fog machine, an RV battery and power iinverter to do all that. It could all be safely concealed within the power box of the E-WEB setup. Of course that could get spendy as power invertors are what $70? and the RV battery can be just as much?

If there is access to an electrical outlet, you could still do the fog machine hidden in the power box. Since there was a big tube connecting from the box to the E-WEB, that would be a great conduit to transfer  the smoke from the hidden fog machine in the box to the E-WEB blaster, itself.

Know what I mean?

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 12:50:33 PM »
I had 2 more thoughts, 1) I might be able to convert an aquarium fogger or 2) make the Top detachable so I could load dry ice and liquid into it. I don't know if the ABS would crack from the dry ice. Still thinking about it.

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 12:57:14 PM »
I wouldn't think so... I had dry ice in a plastic bucket, once, as a gag and I had no issues. I'm talking like one of those cheap $5 plastic buckets with the a lid and metal handle. I should think that ABS is a bit sturner stuff than that cheaper grade plastic.

Just a thought.

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline Jabbasdead

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 01:07:18 PM »
Well then I think I will make the top come off for reloading the dry ice and liquid. I am going to buy a block this weekend and see how long it lasts and how much liquid interaction is needed to keep "smoke" flowing consistantly.

Tags: