Author Topic: NO MORE LIGHTSABER DUELS????  (Read 19164 times)

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: NO MORE LIGHTSABER DUELS????
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 11:03:32 AM »
That is the question that needs to be clarified. Based on the above information, I am inclined that members can participate in mock duels with each other, but that is it.

Like I said, the above quoted was from back in October. Things could have changed since then and Cooter could be right about there be NO dueling, whatsoever. I, honestly, don't know.

-Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Hoot

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2009, 04:44:02 PM »
ive read this post a few times before... so WE can duel... just not non-members... right?
Yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss, I am ordering my lightsaber tonight. :wink: :wink: :wink:
-Matthew

Offline stuntmanmike

• Cloud City Retired
  • "Go get your ride, take her back to base"
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2009, 07:47:51 PM »
All I can say is...wow..really..
James

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • I'm Old Ben before he lost all the weight. haha
  • Awards Trooped 25+ times
    • tonys kingdom of comics
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2009, 07:54:59 PM »
   ok guys. what i saw was a concert in honor of star wars music, where 2 members of HAVOC (eastern wash) GARRISON were staging a fight in front of the orchestra. and at the bottom it had the disclaimer "please note that LUCASFILMS has prohibited ANY form of lightsaber duels/reinactments as of "this month""
http://www.myspace.com/501havocsquad
   this is all i know, and why i presented the question :?................old confused kenobi
"now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time"

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2009, 09:38:35 PM »
I am still looking for the actual wording of what was put out.  I can't access the Temple area (even though I am an officer) and would like to see it for myself.  If it is specific that there is no more lightsaber duels ever by anyone, even consenting adults who know what they are doing, then I'll be ordering my lightsaber without a blade (why get a blade if I can't be part of a choreographed duel?).

Can someone point me to an actual link where LFL put this out?

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2009, 12:36:40 AM »
I would contact Kathy (Kay_Dee) on the RL boards. On the second page of this thread I quoted a post of hers from the Endor Base boards of the Rebel Legion. In that quoted text is the letter that she quoted from Sansweet to her.

As I said, this was put out back in October, but it is the only LFL dictate that I am aware of, other than what Albin has sent out to 501st Legion member, which Steve posted in the CCG Administrative section, if I recall correctly.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline stevo502

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2009, 08:11:03 AM »
I would contact Kathy (Kay_Dee) on the RL boards. On the second page of this thread I quoted a post of hers from the Endor Base boards of the Rebel Legion. In that quoted text is the letter that she quoted from Sansweet to her.

As I said, this was put out back in October, but it is the only LFL dictate that I am aware of, other than what Albin has sent out to 501st Legion member, which Steve posted in the CCG Administrative section, if I recall correctly.

- Bill

Yep, the official Legion statement is posted here:
http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=4163.0

-steve

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2009, 02:07:25 PM »
Okay what  i got from all that was that we "can't conduct light saber training". In my mind that means we cannot get a group of kids together and say "here is how you use a lightsaber. lets practice". Not "no duels or crossing sabers with non-members"

Although with how hazy this issue is it would probably be best to refrain from any saber interaction with non-members (more specifically minors)
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2009, 02:30:59 PM »

Yep, the official Legion statement is posted here:
http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=4163.0

-steve
[/quote]
AARRRGGGGG :evil:! this old hermit is not allowed to see that post!..........old tony kenobi

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2009, 11:18:13 PM »
[Edited for content]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 10:56:44 PM by guyactor »

Offline stevo502

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2009, 12:07:47 PM »
Major update - Albin just posted in the Council, he has gotten clarification from LFL regarding staged duels with EACH OTHER. Still no on anything involving guests or children:

"LFL only wants us to discontinue any Jedi Training Academy style events or any lightsaber events involving children. Turns out staged choreographed duels by our members are just fine. "

Hope that helps.

-steve

Offline OldTonyKenobi

• Kashyyyk Base Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2009, 12:20:51 PM »
ok, kyle posted the official clarification here;
http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=4225.0
   as long as LFL, RL or CCG and their logos etc are not connected in any way, do what you want on your own. we will be CHARGED (and potentially sued) if we encourage anyone else outside the membership to participate in any lightsaber duels connected to our events.
however WE ARE allowed to do staged duels among our CCG/RL members........old tony kenobi

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2009, 12:27:17 PM »
I do think it's a good idea to avoid battling the kids. When we choreograph (even if it's not really planned out), most of us know that we have to take it easy on the blades, so I would hope that going forward anyone from either group (501st & RL) just knows not to really duel with the kids. Posing for photos is great too and quite honestly the whole thing got a little ridiculous there for a little while.  :wink:

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2009, 10:48:21 AM »
LOL.. I now this thread is a bit old, but last year while I was in Australia, I got to troop with the local 501st there at the Clone Wars Premeire.... these three kids just went to TOWN on one of the TD's... bash, bash, bash..... went all Yoda-monkey on him... was runnning around the poor guy and whacking him from all angles... SMACK< SMACKETY-SMACK< SMACK<SMACK-SMACK<SMACK<SMACK-SMACK<SMACKETY!!!  I was playing event phtographer and put my hand on one of the kid's shoulder to calm him down a bit... it was funny, but the potential for injury was DEFINATELY there!  

Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline Hoot

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2012, 05:00:34 PM »
Just wondering. With this "new", several years old, stance is there a group in the area (Oregon in general, Portland, or *enter a city's name*) that is up and running? For those of us interested in learning how to choreograph a, Lightsaber, duel. I know one of us, a garrison or base member, had an intrest topic, but nothing came of it. Plus the one DJMoonbass was promoting went belly up, I think; there is no forum any more.
-Matthew

Tags: