Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 13142 times)

Offline Naveed83

• Naveed's Realm
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Greetings!
« on: November 25, 2008, 09:19:13 PM »
How's everyone doin? My name is Jay and I'm from Hillsboro Oregon. I just found out about you guys back in August on the Oregon Fan Force forums (Capt-Jay83 is my name there), and figured I'd finally get around to saying hi. I've been wanting to get into the whole costuming thing ever since I found out about the 501st a couple years ago, ever since then it's been a dream of mine to get involved in a costuming group. I'm really interested in getting myself either Stormtrooper or Clone Trooper (phase 1) armor to start with. I'm planning on getting myself a set around February or March. Speaking of what's the best way to get armor? Other then that I really look forward to possibly being able to troop with you all in the future.
~Jay

"I'm Star Wars. I have super powers!." - My 3 year old son Ian while watching the Clone Wars movie.

Offline TD-8821

Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 09:54:39 PM »
Hello Jay and welcome!!!where do you live in hillsboro?I live in hillsboro maybe we can meet up!!
Rob
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 10:00:52 PM »
Hey Jay... good to see you on the boards here. I am also on the OFF (aramysstrael). The best thing I can advise is that you learn all that you can about the respective costumes. While we can't openly discuss who to acquire armor from directly, you can ask questions and attend armor parties as they come around. When you are ready to get armor, we can help you out with that. We can point you in the right direction. Just a word to the wise, though, don't waste your money on the Rubies Supreme Stormtrooper armor as it is full of details flaws that are so bad, that you will not get approval. Besides, we can get you into better looking armor for less than what that Rubies set is going for.

Welcome to our corner of cyberspace. I do look forward to meeting you in the future.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Hoot

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 10:11:51 PM »
Hay Jay,

Welcome, welcome to the forum. This is the best, local, source for help. Hopefully you have been reading the forum, and are prepared for the *clears throat* personalities that type here. Other than that everyone here is the greatest.

Disclaimer:
"This is a personal opinion. No blasters were held to my head and no admin were at the typing of said opinion. :wink:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 11:48:34 AM by Oomar Galor »
-Matthew

Offline Naveed83

• Naveed's Realm
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 05:12:48 AM »
Hello Jay and welcome!!!where do you live in hillsboro?I live in hillsboro maybe we can meet up!!
Rob

I live just off of 12th ave, well on it actually. I also work over at the Alberton's by the airport as their fuel center supervisor. Speaking of which I better head out.

Anyways, thanks everyone for the welcome.

~Jay
~Jay

"I'm Star Wars. I have super powers!." - My 3 year old son Ian while watching the Clone Wars movie.

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 09:26:07 AM »
cool i will have to come by and chat with you....i will send you a pm
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 09:37:41 AM »
Rob

I live just off of 12th ave, well on it actually. I also work over at the Alberton's by the airport as their fuel center supervisor. Speaking of which I better head out.

Anyways, thanks everyone for the welcome.

~Jay

Wow - that's super close to where I live too. Welcome to the boards and we hope to see you soon!

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 10:13:44 AM »
Welcome
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 01:16:41 PM »
Welcome Jay. Enjoy your stay, and ask lots of questions.. We wont bite.
Allan Quick

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 02:21:50 PM »
Some will only nibble if they're hungry!  :mrgreen:

-Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Naveed83

• Naveed's Realm
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 04:14:15 PM »
Hmmm...I would have thought cannibalism was frowned upon by the Empire. Well whatever.

As far as questions I will definitely be asking them. I have really no clue where to start with the whole costuming thing other then that I need a costume and that the very basic stuff to start my costume will cost somewhere between $600-700. Or at least that's what I've picked up through browsing the board.

~Jay
~Jay

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 08:41:04 AM »
Hmmm...I would have thought cannibalism was frowned upon by the Empire. Well whatever.
Have you ever tasted Imperial Rations?

As for the cost, it all depends on which costume you want to begin with.  The high end is a Fett the lower end may be an Imperial Gunner.  For this sort of thing you may want to do what I did when I first joined...

Ask around at the various detachments.

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 02:34:36 PM »
Or your very knowledgeable GML....  :wink:

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline Naveed83

• Naveed's Realm
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 09:04:59 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what costumes are the least expensive to put together? I want to try and keep it around a certain budget, but will put time needed into a costume.

~Jay
~Jay

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 09:43:57 PM »
The Imperial Officer can be done for about $300 or less, if you know what to look for, but can run more if you are so inclined. Imperial Technicians may be a bit cheaper. The Navy Fleet troopers can be done for about $500, approximately.

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Tags: