Author Topic: error???  (Read 4815 times)

Offline astromech_kuhns

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
error???
« on: October 02, 2008, 03:35:37 PM »
so last night i was posting and i started a topic in the armor section called like "armor help-commando armor" today i whent to see if i got a reply back and now its gone or i cant locate it any way. there was like 4 post in it or so and i cant find it and when i went to look in the section of my profile under messages ive posted it didnt have it in there. is this some sorta error?

Offline Ilovesanddirt

Re: error???
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 03:47:52 PM »
I can't find it in the archived sections so it hasn't been deleted by any admins.  Curious were it went though.

Offline astromech_kuhns

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 03:53:46 PM »
i cant see wy it would have been deleted by any admins. but its gone. i was posting at 11 something with one other person i was asking about commando armor and if it was frowned upon to buy all the armor peices rather than make them.

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 04:04:17 PM »
I posted in that thread... odd that it's gone.. I blame Kyle
Paul

Offline astromech_kuhns

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 04:09:53 PM »
oh ya it was you pepito. i couldnt remember your user name. so you blame kyle yount? :wink: :mrgreen:

Kolton Kuhns 8)

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 04:46:06 PM »
Last night there was a topic, made by someone I had never seen before (it was their first post as well,) in
the WTS section. It looked to be some kind of ebay deal (buy a case of blasters) with a list of names that were interested in getting in
on the deal (also names I had never seen before.) I assume admin saw it, and accidently deleted yours while
intending to get that one....
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 04:46:50 PM »
i cant see wy it would have been deleted by any admins. but its gone. i was posting at 11 something with one other person i was asking about commando armor and if it was frowned upon to buy all the armor peices rather than make them.

You misunderstood me.  It WASNT deleted by any admins.  But I still can't find it.

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 04:48:03 PM »
Last night there was a topic, made by someone I had never seen before (it was their first post as well,) in
the WTS section. It looked to be some kind of ebay deal (buy a case of blasters) with a list of names that were interested in getting in
on the deal (also names I had never seen before.) I assume admin saw it, and accidently deleted yours while
intending to get that one....

We are careless but not THAT careless.  :mrgreen:

Offline astromech_kuhns

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 04:53:40 PM »
no i didnt misunderstand you what i was sayin was it had no reason to be deleted.

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 04:58:12 PM »
Maybe the forum had a glitch and reset to an earlier version?
501st forum did that earlier today and I lost a few pms.
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline astromech_kuhns

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 05:05:39 PM »
that could have been it.

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 06:04:44 PM »
That is exactly what happened. I posted a thread in the members administrative section in regard to the Legion Census last night. When I tried to reference it today for Robin it was gone. I contacted Kyle and he said there was some sort of glitch that caused the forums to purge posts as far back as the 28th.

Not sure what caused it, but there is your answer.

To answer Cooter's statement about the guy posting for the blasters, I saw that. too. I believe he is a Titan member, as some of those folks in that list were other Titan or Alpha Base members that I recognize. Since Cloud City was once a squad of Garrison Titan, there are still a few of the GT folks who have the ability to post in our garrison's forum.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline astromech_kuhns

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 06:09:05 PM »
thank you!

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 06:12:17 PM »
Sure!

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 12:35:24 AM »
Actually Bill is mostly correct. The bottom line is that a server move and miscommunication resulted in the forums reverting back to their state on the 28th (still not sure what time).
I wish I didn't bear this bad news, but all data sent between that time and this morning has been lost (including my lengthy Kashyyyk Base meeting minutes and follow up posts).

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Tags: