Author Topic: The newspaper out here is going to do an article on us  (Read 5595 times)

Offline Daverian

The newspaper out here is going to do an article on us
« on: February 27, 2008, 12:59:26 PM »
The South County Spotlight has agreed to do an article on the Cloud City Garrison and the charity work we do. How cool is that? Maybe it will generate more membership for us!!

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: The newspaper out here is going to do an article on us
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 01:47:48 PM »
Sweet beans, good work dave
Paul

Offline Zolotkey

• Cloud City Retired
  • Twitter anyone?
    • Imperial Base
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 01:50:16 PM »
Yay way to go Dave. :) Just make sure we can get a copy. :)
Nick Z
ID/TK-2516 Retired
Sr QA Engineer

Offline Daverian

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 03:40:28 PM »
I was actually going to pick your brains as to what would be the best info to give them... PM me if you have any input!  :D

Offline Zolotkey

• Cloud City Retired
  • Twitter anyone?
    • Imperial Base
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 06:19:38 PM »
Well the article should make sure that they get the point across that if we do any paid event kind of a thing, that the money goes toward charity. I have no idea atm what to make sure the article says. I would think it should include a brief history of CCG. It would nice to get a plug for Starlight to advertise ourselves for people that want to have us at their function so we can donate. I am not so good at PR myself, I am only 20 :lol: my Idea of PR is somewhat limited. I would suggest talking with Rob about it. As he has access to the legions PR forum and can better help you with what needs to be added if anything. :) But I would like to thank you for the effort your putting into this and the garrison itself. :) Have to buy you a beer once this year. :)
Nick Z
ID/TK-2516 Retired
Sr QA Engineer

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 08:39:42 PM »
thats awesome, definitely push the charity work and if you can get something in there about Dornbechers (murder of spelling just occured) being the main charity that would be good probably. Maybe try and schedual some interviews or email conversation  with the heads of the garrision and who ever is doing the artical.
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 09:13:35 AM »
I would suggest asking Rob and Tony (the last PR Officer) what kind of verbiage is available on the 501st Legion as a group - as others have said any publicity should focus on the charity work we do both locally and internationally. If you want to dole out some "cool factor" stuff, you can mention what we did for the Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit for local stuff and you could mention the Pasadena Rose Parade from last year - maybe that could tie into the Starlight Parade. Also make sure the URL they have is cloudcitygarrison.com.

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 09:43:20 AM »
I would suggest asking Rob and Tony (the last PR Officer) what kind of verbiage is available on the 501st Legion as a group - as others have said any publicity should focus on the charity work we do both locally and internationally. If you want to dole out some "cool factor" stuff, you can mention what we did for the Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit for local stuff and you could mention the Pasadena Rose Parade from last year - maybe that could tie into the Starlight Parade. Also make sure the URL they have is cloudcitygarrison.com.

-Kyle

I sent Dave the 501st "PR" press kit. I got him covered.  :mrgreen:

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 11:24:48 AM »
Way to go Rob... Just let them know we are a State wide garrison, and do events in other places as well.    Maybe mention Children's Miracle Network.. I know that DCH is the main one.. but there are other coming... Peace, Allan
Allan Quick

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 11:53:32 AM »
Hey Allan, it would be a lot easier on your fingers if you just added that upcoming event to your signature instead of having to re-type it every post. :lol: ;)

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline Daverian

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 12:05:52 PM »
Thanks

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 12:06:22 PM »
Hey Allan, it would be a lot easier on your fingers if you just added that upcoming event to your signature instead of having to re-type it every post. :lol: ;)

-Kyle

LOL!  :mrgreen:

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 12:38:19 PM »
I know ...I Know..... :wink:... I guess I just want a good turnout.. I am excited that we have events in the Eugene area.. So you may have bear with my zeal.. .. 8) Peace, Allan
Allan Quick

Offline Daverian

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 06:26:30 PM »
I think the interview went well. We'll have to see what she prints on Wednesday. I'll keep you all updated.

Offline Daverian

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 07:07:15 AM »
Could someone
PM me the most current list of charities we do work for?

Tags: