Author Topic: SOS Help Needed!  (Read 6430 times)

JadesFire

SOS Help Needed!
« on: November 05, 2007, 08:19:46 AM »
So as many of you know I am moving to Portland in Dec. and it's time to start searching for apartments! I need help! Are there any particularly good site to look them up or does anyone have suggestions? I am looking for a studio or 1 bedroom, preferably around $500 a month, that is close to PSU. One that allows cats would be a bonus since I really want to get one, but not a necessity. I would also like to find one that has secure parking, either at the complex or nearby. ANY suggestions are welcome at this point!

Thanks!
Jodi

Qui-Fawn

Re: SOS Help Needed!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 12:46:05 PM »
What area of Portland, Jodi?  I have some friends in Southeast, and a few in Northeast, and I can ask around to see what kinds of deals they know about.

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 01:14:13 PM »
I live in the Northwest right around downtown but it runs about 800 a month, but i have a roomie.
There are alot of apartments around the area, what i did is made a trip up here and wrote down number off the vacency signs and then called them.
I live about... a 20 minute walk from PSU but its a good area.
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 01:24:05 PM »
If you have the means for the short commute, I would suggest Oregon City, Gladstone or maybe even Clackamas and Milwaukie for apartments in that price range.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 01:37:32 PM »
It also really depends on the distance you want to travel.  I'm living in a $795/mo duplex which is less than a mile from the center of George Fox University.  Katie and I could have gotten a lower-priced place, but it would have been farther away.  You might want to call PSU and see if they have any listings of places which rent to students.

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 05:16:51 PM »
Yeah the Beaverton area would be good to look into as well, you have the MAX line to take into Downtown Portland, but i will say the convenience of being able to walk everywhere is amazing.
Heads up on finding parking in downtown Portland... its horrible, and you have to pay everywhere you go pretty much. If you plan on comming up sometime to check out the area a little closer i'm sure some of us here could meet up with you and show you around.
Most of the places i've seen around here that go for under 500, are usually studios.
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline Aysel

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 05:36:37 PM »
don't forget to look in the newspaper at the classified ads, you can also check out rent.com or start with a google search something like "apartments for rent portland, oregon" thats basically how I found the place volund and I are in.

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 06:03:25 PM »
Craigslist is also a good source to find rentals.....
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

JadesFire

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 07:34:42 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions... I would prefer something right around PSU... but if I can find something on the MAX line I think that would be a possibility too. I ask about parking simply because it'd be nice to find a place with its own secure garage, but I dunno how common those are hehe. A studio would be find since it's going to be just me and a cat if the place allows it :D. The bf is staying down here because he needs to get his own life going and moving to Portland won't help, only hurt. I might be coming up the 17th to look around, and I'm definitely coming up for the armor party, then staying either with friends or at a hotel, since i haven't asked my friends yet and i really should get going on that lol. I will keep looking around too! Thanks for the start guys!

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 08:42:34 PM »
I know there are several studios between 21st and 23rd and everett. Fred Meyer is right there and its very close to everything and within a 20 minute walk of PSU.. maybe less, and its only a couple blocks from the MAX.
Might want to start looking around there if you take a trip up for a search.

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 09:43:57 PM »
I know there are several studios between 21st and 23rd and everett.

:lol: I just had to post - I lived in a studio apartment on 22nd & Everett. In 1997 we were paying $495 per month per place. Man... that was ten years ago. Holy crap, I'm old.

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 09:48:25 PM »
... was it the rose plaza Kyle?

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 09:58:30 PM »
... was it the rose plaza Kyle?

[thinks hard] Presidential something....arms?
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 01:10:18 AM »
Ah okay, thats right across the street. I moved up here to the Rose Plaza in '05, it's been a great area, and it has under ground parking garage :)

JadesFire

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 07:30:08 AM »
I know there are several studios between 21st and 23rd and everett.

:lol: I just had to post - I lived in a studio apartment on 22nd & Everett. In 1997 we were paying $495 per month per place. Man... that was ten years ago. Holy crap, I'm old.

-Kyle
*points at the gray hair* need I say more?

Tags: