Author Topic: Ebay king strikes again.....  (Read 8490 times)

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Ebay king strikes again.....
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 03:00:41 PM »
Bill, I liked the gun, but that helmet is effed up....compare below between a Master Replicas and whatever the heck that thing is..

It's vacu-formed plastic, too. [barf]
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 04:45:30 PM »
I'm afraid I must agree with Kyle on this one Billiam....  :shock:

LOL... We shall now call you 48 hours of Trash-Trooper! (with all due love and respect of course! :wink:)

In the not TOOOO distant future I will have an affordable EPIII bucket available to CCG members, so unless you just HAVE to have SOMETHING now, go ahead I suppose.
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 06:59:36 PM »
BILL!  WTF?  You have soooooooo many resources for Clone armor just in our garrison!  You should just ask any number of people to see what they think before you buy, it might help your impulses!  :roll:  And save you money.

Offline greedo

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 10:01:05 PM »
 :shock:
F**K you Photobucket!

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 08:23:04 AM »
WTH... I am damned if I do and damned if I don't with you people! :evil:

Anyone else want to chime in? Martin? Anyone? No, really, I don't think I have heard enough criticism from everyone!

- Bill
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 08:28:18 AM by tavrikgannon »
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 08:43:03 AM »
No, Bill, you are damned if you do.  Never buy this stuff without contacting someone to find out if it is CRAP or not.  I could get you an MR recast for $100.

Not that I would support recasting...
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 09:12:05 AM »
I love how everyone chimes in after the fact... I could have done this or that for you, Bill...... whatever!
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 11:27:21 AM »
Bill, if you haven't realized that this is a community of people that you can go to then I will say that this is all a failure and resign my post.  To think that we have tried to build this as a community and not have people come to any of us with a question seems crazy.  especially since you went to at least one armor party in which I supplied the armor and the helmets.  How many people have I set up as clones?  If you had said anything about wanting to get or be a clone you would have been set up.  To my knowledge you have never asked or said anything!
Mjolnir

Offline ClonenolC

• Cloud City Retired
  • my backpack's got jets... no, for real!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2007, 01:24:56 PM »
I have purchased armor from Martin... but i have yet to build it  :lol:  i would think that buying off of Ebay would be a last resort after PM'ing people on our boards for info, advice, or other resources.  Ebay to me seems like playin Russian roulette with half the chambers full.  i personally dont care if you buy off Ebay or not so if you like it and feel you got a good deal, then why care what everyone else thinks?  but if it is crap then prepare to deal with it (how's that black Stormtrooper armor doin?)
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2007, 01:36:35 PM »
I love how everyone chimes in after the fact... I could have done this or that for you, Bill...... whatever!

Bill, I wasn't trying to rip on you, man. But when you don't ask for advice before-hand, you can't expect anything but comments to be made "after the fact".

-Kyle

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2007, 01:42:51 PM »
Of course it was a rip, Kyle. Otherwise why preface the remainder of your post with me not consulting, yada yada yada... whatever.

I do believe I have asked for assistance for other projects. I tend to get crickets chirping or I get a hearty clap on the back and a "good luck with that project". And while it is true that I could go to garrison members for armor items, somehow I just don't really feel like lining their pockets when I can find something has potential of being just as good, in my opinion. No offense to those who produce props for gain. You have the talents and you are utilizing them to their fullest potential. No matter how good that item is, it is well beyond my acceptable price range. And I have said this before and I will say it again, I refuse to pay as much for a bucket as one would for a complete set of armor. So for me getting a Clone bucket that is already painted to the color scheme of the 442nd Seige Battalion, the clone I have been wanting to do for a long time (yes I have talked about it a great deal), for under $150 was a deal that I couldn't pass up. But you all may be right and once again I have blundered. But I don't think so. We shall see.

Then again, I don't know I even bother. I'm wasting my time bothering to respond to any of this. You all have your opinions....

- Corran Horn

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 02:29:32 PM »
Of course it was a rip, Kyle. Otherwise why preface the remainder of your post with me not consulting

Because I was responding to your specific comment - as I am doing now, only choosing to quote that which I am commenting on. And again, my post was not a rip on YOU (as it says above). And I'm sorry you feel as if your projects are met with "crickets chirping"...I know several instances where the good folks on these boards have not only helped you, but been enthusiastic about it (me included).  :?

-Kyle

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2007, 05:54:34 PM »
I like the helmet. There I said it.

I actually almost put a bid on this thing myself......
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2007, 06:47:29 PM »
Talking about getting armor and deciding to get armor are two different things.  You could get a helmet from me and paint it exactly the way you want for the same price.  All I am saying is that when you want something ask first then bid.  If you had come to me I would have gotten you a helmet on my last helmet run.  They just came in two days ago.  You can line our pockets, as you so eloquently have said it, or line the pockets of someone else selling crap.  I would never sell you crap and I charge a lot less to people at home for the stuff I get then to anyone else in the legion! 
Mjolnir

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2007, 09:48:51 PM »
C'mon Bill, WHAT is this group all about?  It's about PROFESSIONAL GRADE, ACCURATE SW props and costumes.  Now honestly, with allllll the reference materials and KILLER/SWEET TO DIE FOR props out there, can you HONSELTY say that bucket is on par with what we do here?  You get peeved and your feelings are hurt (wasn't my intention) when YOU bragged it up in your post like you made the SCORE OF THE CENTURY

With a bucket like that, what the "H" did you THINK we were going to say?  Would you rather we LIE TO YOU and say, "oh yeah SUUUWEEEET BUCKET DUDE, you should troop in that!!", only to have the inevitable happen while you are trooping... some 5-year old kid tell you your bucket looks like it has a chromosomal defect or something?  I am (most everyone here as well) an accuracy/quality fiend, not an "armor snob".  If you dig it for your collection because its a fan made "thing-a-muh-bob", then cool... more power to you!

Like it has already been mentioned, you have some SERIOUSLY talented (and connected) resources within this garrison that are MORE than happy to help you out (in many ways), and those resources DO NOT profiteer off fellow garrison members.

respectfully (believe it or not),
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Tags: