Author Topic: Webiste idea  (Read 5786 times)

Offline xrayman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Skullworx.com
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Webiste idea
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 09:32:46 AM »
What about sticky threads?

Yeah, that would be done as well.

Lemme bounce this off of the other admin guys.
Scot
TK5108 (retired)

Offline Aysel

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 12:51:45 PM »
if you would be so kind and listen to someone who (while not a member yet) has also built websites before. while sticky threads are a good (and very quick) idea, if you get too many at the top of a forum it's sometimes hard to find the discussion threads. also it's really easy to make PDF's of the projects, and it's very simple to add them as small downloadable items. also as a general rule pages that are well designed and laid out look much more professional than a bunch of threads IMHO. also if you have the projects in pages you might get more people visiting the site for info versus them being in sticky's. but thats just my $0.02 :D

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 01:56:13 PM »
That is pretty much what I was thinking.... along those lines, at least.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline xrayman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Skullworx.com
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Website idea
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 01:39:40 PM »
I was just thinking it would be easy for members to post their own tutorials a Tutorial Section on the forum, much the way clonetroopers.net does.
It's all good by me either way, so thanks for the input folks!  Constructive criticism and suggestions to make this community better is ALWAYS welcome and much appreciated - keep it coming!

Scot
TK5108 (retired)

JadesFire

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 10:22:41 PM »
I'm good for whatever! I just thought I would throw out the idea... stickies would work until the tutorial is complete then maybe move them to a locked thread or post them under a tutorials section... that way there can be a lot of input before the tutorial is complete... or somthing like that :D

Tags: