Author Topic: Newbie!  (Read 10944 times)

Newbie!
« on: October 31, 2007, 01:03:14 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm Christine!!! I'm a new member, probably the youngest at 17, and currently working on obtaining funds for a costume (Jango Fett).  I recently met some other members at a Star Wars book signing at Powell's where I switched into fangirl mode and made Boba Fett take 100 pictures with me.  I was wondering if anyone has bought anything from this site: http://www.starfortressproductions.com/swbountyhunters.html . And if so, were you happy with the products?

Offline TD-8821

Re: Newbie!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 01:13:11 PM »
Hello and welcome, goto www.thedentedhelmet.com there is all sorts of info and forums about jango and boba.Ask the local boys and they will help you out on where to get armor .If you need help please don't hesitate to ask...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 01:30:30 PM by TD-8821 »
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 01:18:24 PM »
Hi Christine, welcome to Cloud City.  We try to steer folks away from that site for many, many reasons. Your best bet is to hook up with our local gurus about the best places to get the armor.  Good luck - can't wait to see your progress...

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 01:36:13 PM »
Yes I have and I was burned! It is my mission in life to deprive them of any monetary gain from those whom I encounter!

With that said, welcome to the boards. Feel free to pick the collective brains of those who know a thing or two about the armor in question.

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 02:30:59 PM »
Greetings, Christine.  I too am creating my first outfit for entrance into the 501st.  It's nothing as grand as Jango, just an Imperial Officer.  It is only a jumping off point, though.  I am aspiring to one day get a full Empire Strikes Back Vader (the movie he seemed the most evil in, to me).

Welcome aboard and good luck.

- Jason

(P.S.: Pretty much everyone at the 501st will tell you to steer clear of the Star Fortress pieces.)

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 02:37:17 PM »
Welcome ... Glad you came aboard.....We are great big Happy Trooping family .. Peace, Allan
Allan Quick

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 02:50:53 PM »
Welcome aboard Christine.  Ask away here and always go through us.  I have sent you a PM talking about how to go about costumes with us!  Welcome!
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 03:49:25 PM »
Where is a reliable place I can buy armor from, that can custom make them in size x-small womens?

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 07:53:01 PM »
The biggest thing to remember is not to talk about specific people or vendors in any open formats.  Our agreement with Lucas Film keeps this quiet and non-commercial.  The idea is that anyone with or getting armor is part of our group and not making money, selling something, or doing something that would look bad for Lucas Film.  So you may not get any responses from openly asking about armor, but people are always open to PM's about how to find a vendor.  The alternative is to look in for sale sections of boards.  Check out this link and go and say hello like you did here.  That may be a decent place to start.  It will be hard to find someone that will make something your size.  What is more likely is that you will buy the one-size-fits-all gear and then modify it to fit you.  That is more universally done when you are buying from folks that are making and selling.  To have it fit you, you either fit a pre-existing setup of you make it yourself.

Good luck.  We shall see what we can do for you!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 07:55:10 PM by FireStorm »
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Qui-Fawn

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 10:58:28 PM »
Hi, welcome!

Good luck with getting your costume set up.....I'm still working on a few for myself as it is......but it's always a work in progress.  :P 

Yeah, more girls!!! 

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 11:09:25 PM »
Greetings Future Bounty Hunter!

Jango eh? Word to the wise, stay away from bald guys with purple lightsabers. ;)
Paul

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 06:02:00 PM »
A major influx of younger chicks to our garrison. Boba! What have you been doing?! Lol, j/k Welcome to CCG, Christine. Good to have you here.
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Zabet

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 09:45:55 PM »
A major influx of younger chicks to our garrison. Boba! What have you been doing?!

Simple answer: It's the armor & the helmet.

Boba behaved himself - it was Christine & I that were being the fan-girls.

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 09:50:04 PM »
Shes right. we dig mandalorian armor.

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 10:12:57 PM »
and i thought Boba jsut had a huge fan base of guys because he's Boba, the Fett, and his pack packs got jets!
Those chiseled features of that helmet make the ladies go weak at the knees apparently.
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Tags: