Author Topic: Hello! I'm New!  (Read 8723 times)

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Hello! I'm New!
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 11:16:17 PM »
Star Wars and Strippers huh? Sounds like my upcoming wedding....

Best of luck with that... I don't knowmany troopers that can run in armor, let alone gyrate....

Paul

Offline Volund Starfire

• Kashyyyk Base Member
  • Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever
  • Awards Trooped 10+ times
    • Jason's Facebook Page
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 06:28:03 AM »
Well, there's always the Imperial Officer with the G-String under his tear-away jodhpurs.  I also fully believe that if you try to strip out of TK armor, you might cause a fatal injury to yourself and two other people withing the blast radius...

Zabet

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 08:43:46 AM »
Well if Boba Fett was a stripper then everything would be velcro-ed. Or for that matter, any Star Wars stripper.
I don't know about the rest of you girls but I think whether it be Vader, Fett or a Trooper - they should always keep the helmet on.

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 10:45:22 AM »
Hey Folks, hate to break up the party, but you are all discussing stripping with a minor on boards that are open to the public and monitored by children.  I would ask that this part of the conversation end and other portions continue.

Thanks.

FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 05:58:54 PM »
*chuckles mildly* Interesting notion.
Anyways, you mentioned that some Fett armor required Welding? As in metal welding or welding plastic?
I myself am a welder (metal) and am currently building a custom set of Storm Commando armor out of metal (check it out if you like in the "progress is progress" in th Cantina), so if i can help with anything, let me know.

Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Zabet

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 09:44:17 PM »
Anyways, you mentioned that some Fett armor required Welding? As in metal welding or welding plastic?

More like I am looking for a way to NOT weld. I'm not exactly the most talented welder in the world (which means Liz + hot stuff = disaster).
I'm going to the armor party coming up to see what it involves. I'd like to MAYBE (that's a big maybe) do some of my own work on pieces as opposed to just buying pieces pre-made. But maybe you could PM me and let me know what Fett armor welding entails. I read somewhere about trash-can armor. But that's not very 501st - and I'd like to join the ranks.

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 10:33:06 PM »
Don't do metal.  It is a bigger nightmare then you know.  Trust someone who has trooped for 5 years.  You don't want to go metal.  When you are ready for armor in the Fett world you will want to go fiberglass.  There are a ton of reasons not to go with metal, and they will all be painfully apparent when you troop for the first time.  Have trust in this one and don't reinvent the wheel.

FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 11:11:50 PM »
heh heh, i'm ready for the party to come once my all metal scout suit is finished, we'll see how that rolls out. I plan on backing each
of the armor pieces with foam.

Zabet, i haven't done any Fett armor... yet, from what i've seen of Mandolorians armor designs you shouldn't really have to weld any
metal pieces as much as you would need to shape them... hammering metal (i did a bit when building my scout bucket especially)
is time consuming and is alot of work... oh an noisy lol ;).
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 12:59:34 AM »
The next best thing would be to model your armor so it looked metallic,One jango we had used a special aluminum paper to give his armor  metallic sheen it was so realistic I thought it was actual metal!But yes fiberglass or plastic is the best way,Fiberglass especially since it doesn't warp in the heat,however you have to be careful not to crack it
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 11:40:38 AM »
yeah that is one downside of metal is that you put alot of hard work into it and then you paint and everyone will assume its plastic :(

Offline Metal4Life

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 02:07:36 PM »
Greetings Zabet! Metal is what you crave, is it not?
One shot, one kill? BAH!... I prefer the Machine Gunners way, ACCURACY BY VOLUME!  -TK5811

Tags: