Author Topic: A Year of Trooping..Oct 15 2006----Oct 15 2007  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
A Year of Trooping..Oct 15 2006----Oct 15 2007
« on: October 14, 2007, 05:08:49 PM »
Wow... I can't believe it..  I signed up up with Cloud City Garrison a year ago.. October 15th, 2006.. getting ready for OMSI Troop...
As a greenhorn I was a Member of The Rebel Legion as a Prequel Jedi... Everyone in CCG and Rebel legion were and Still are the Greatest group of Folks .. We live in Springfield , but everytime there is an Event with CCG Karyn and I come to hang , Troop and enjoy connecting with everyone.. You guys are a Blast to Troop with.  In November Karyn Joined Rebel Legion as ANH Leia and she took to Trooping like Fish to water or a Jedi to a Saber.   As we began doing more events with CCG and the group.. Our friendships grew as well.    The laughter ..the ribbing...the sadness... the Encouragement.. Watching the Strength of Eric and family with Lucas.. Inspired us.    As the Summer Hit I was doing ANH Luke Skywalker as my next Costume...Starlight was an Awesome time.     Then as I saved my money.  Martin came up from Medford/ Ashland, and it happened... YES.. a Stormtrooper was born as TK  3066... That next step of  getting my ID with The 501st Legion , and Official member.. I was overjoyed.    As more Events happen....the latest was EIFF and the Major Success you guys helped make it for CCG in the Eugene area.. CCG is Expanding and growing as a Garrison should with New people joining the ranks.    I miss some of folks that Trooped earlier and hope that they troop in Costume again... I know people get busy in thier Lives with Important family , and Jobs, and etc...   I guess when more Events happen in Eugene and other areas besides Portland that you will come and take part the best you can....I would love to see Barry in Vader come to Eugene....and many more.... Miss you Barry.    Why does life have to get so busy.       I remember Martin telling me.. We at CCG can make it happen as we Create and make Events happen for the Group to get our name out there..  The Charities that are touched and blessed by the donations giving to each....   I see a GREAT year and many more to come for CCG in the State of Oregon and SW Washington.    Thank you to Every single on of you in Cloud City Garrison, and Rebel Legion, ...Our Ties and friendships with you all will last beyond....
Peace Always,  Allan...Karyn...
Allan Quick

Offline DoubleTap

• The officer formerly known as wsco911
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: A Year of Trooping..Oct 15 2006----Oct 15 2007
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 05:15:37 PM »
Amen, to that.  It has been great having both of you.
Jim TK 1747
Smell Rob's finger.

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 06:10:13 PM »
Thanks Allen. (check your pm's) . I can't believe it's been a year either. Seems like OMSI was just last month. Keep up the good work you two and maybe, we'll end up trooping sooner or later.

You two are a real asset to the group.

Barry

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 07:27:15 PM »
I can't say it any better.  Thank you Allan, and thank you all Rebel Legion and Cloud City.  You are the people that makes this group great!!
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Qui-Fawn

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 10:08:03 AM »
As a sorta-newbie to all this still (and not even official 501st yet  :oops: ) I have to say that you guys have made it awesome to join up and be geeks together!   :mrgreen:  Happy Anniversary, Allan!!!

Tags: