Author Topic: progress is progress  (Read 21253 times)

Offline Metal4Life

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: progress is progress
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2007, 06:34:56 PM »
do you know what your going to use for the pack topper yet?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 10:38:25 PM by Metal4Life »
One shot, one kill? BAH!... I prefer the Machine Gunners way, ACCURACY BY VOLUME!  -TK5811

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2007, 10:01:29 PM »
Heres some more on the helmet, better snout stuff and visor is shorter. All ground down too!
It takes a while to grind things down but the helmet is what will take the longest.

As far as tank topper bits and the airrator bits on the snout and tank, i'll probably jsut make them, and find parts that match the parts in the referance pics.
I need to add an extra inch to the snout in height. I put the goggles into the helmet and wore it. The goggles made it fit very well, snug and didn't shift very much. Once i get the plastic to build around the goggles and attatch that to the bucket it'll be pretty good. getting the padding into the helmet will be really nice too.

Question about some of the markings on the helmet:
on the back there are black bars that look like they are supposed to be mock "vents" as well as three bars on the forehead of the face plate. Are those jsut stickers that fake vents or are they rank bars like on the back hump?
If they are rank bars, what are the varients for rank in the imperial troops and what do those bars look like?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 01:07:52 AM by SpitFireScout »
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2007, 04:59:23 PM »
Any good local sources for Sintra? I'll need a small 5 by 8 sheet, probably will want some extra since i will inevitably screw up the first couple tries :P
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2007, 06:59:06 PM »
TAP Plastics on NE Sandy and 28th Ave.

-Kyle

Any good local sources for Sintra? I'll need a small 5 by 8 sheet, probably will want some extra since i will inevitably screw up the first couple tries :P
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 07:35:03 PM »
Thnaks Kyle, i'll look into it :)

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2007, 08:39:35 PM »
I jsut got some black Sintra today from TAP, thanks again Kyle, very nice people there, got me exactly what i needed and they were very helpful. I think the sheet i got is a little thick, but it will work perfect, will be good since the piece will probably endure a fair bit of abuse.

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2007, 08:32:34 AM »
Yeah - TAP Plastics rocks. I got the ABS for my shims there, not to mention I've bought a lot of extra cool plastic stuff there.

-Kyle

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2007, 08:16:12 PM »
Got the Lens in yesterday, was going to make some adjustments to the face plate today but the shop was too busy to work on personal stuff. The face plate doesn't fit on because of the lens, need to make an adjustment for that as well.

Offline Metal4Life

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2007, 09:22:13 PM »
That looks fantastic man! Just make sure that if you dont do the paint job professionally that you take the lens out first. cus that gonna be a pain to tape off.
One shot, one kill? BAH!... I prefer the Machine Gunners way, ACCURACY BY VOLUME!  -TK5811

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2007, 10:29:45 PM »
Oops i should have taken a picture of the inside. I made it so i can easily switch out lenses for when i get a slivered lens ;) so no issue there.

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2007, 08:22:32 AM »
So... I have to ask - how heavy is that thing?

-Kyle

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2007, 09:19:25 AM »
heavier than it should be, but its not too bad. I'll have to weight it after this is all said and done :P :)

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2007, 08:24:25 AM »
Oh yeah... some of us know all about building costumes that are heavier than they ever should be.....  :roll:

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2007, 08:23:44 PM »
I fixed up a few issues with the face plate ( chin wasn't level and visor was longer on one side) All that's left is painting the bucket, drilling holes in the armor for rivets and painting all the other. Foaming the bucket and after that its all little things like fans and such. I also have the snout bits to make but those should be easy. Pictures to come eventually, school has been keeping me busy. :)

Offline Metal4Life

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2007, 09:09:06 PM »
aside from the face greeblies, also remember that the bicep pieces have little T shaped parts on them as well. im excited to see it man, looks great!

Tags: