Author Topic: Haloo  (Read 9580 times)

JadesFire

Haloo
« on: September 09, 2007, 11:34:28 AM »
I just registered... wasn't sure if it was ok but since this is a public forum I figured it wouldn't be too bad... anyways I'm from Eugene and saw the four troopers that came to the parade (my boyfriend carried the banner behind them) and I thought I'd find out more about the 501st. From the reading I have done so far I think this would be an excellent group to be apart of (if ya'll will have me XD) and I thought I'd go about learning to costume. Designing costumes is always fun but I have never followed through to actually create them, other than simple things for Halloween. Syooo I thought I'd ask for advice. I will be moving to Portland in a couple months and then I hope to really get into it and apply for membership once I have a good costume, but I need a direction and something to work on until such time! I'm going to troll around the boards looking for ideas, though I have a couple, and I mostly want to talk to people and find out more about well... everything!

I also wanted to thank the troopers that came again, I saw so many joyful faces when they saw the shining whites and just wanted to express my gratitude. (Not to mention my interest is piqued and I wanna get involved!)

Jade's Fire out

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Haloo
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 11:44:19 AM »
Well welcome to the board. Glad to see our presence in Eugene has paid off. The hardest part of becoming a member, well it was for me anyway, is picking which costume you want to do. When you finally decide, we got plenty of links, pms only plz, of where to go and who to talk to. I'm a newbe here too, and everybodys been pleasent and most forthcoming......
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 12:56:08 PM »
Yeah... but Cooter that is only because we needed a new whipping boy! Ever since Nick2 had graduated from spotter to costumer we haven't had a decent whipping boy in months!  :mrgreen:

Oh, man..... did I just say that?  :shock: Out loud even! Alright, enough picking on Cooter. Welcome to the boards, Jade's Fire. Like the newbie here has stated, we are here for any questions you have. Feel free to ask away. We are a community-driven group. We strive to help one another out. And like Cooter said, PM any of us for the really tough questions. Lurk the boards and soak up all the info you can. No question is a stupid question.... unless it was covered in a previous thread or FAQ.  :mrgreen: I kid, I kid.....

"You've just taken your first step into a larger world."  - (that wretched) Obi-Wan Kenobi

- The 48 Hours of Bill  :mrgreen:
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

JadesFire

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 01:53:46 PM »
Well sweet! You will definitly see me lurking about, trying to get to know people. I want to get involved! (My first message was very wordy cause that's what happens when I get nervous lol) I want to get to know everyone and get involved. I think I have some solid ideas on costumes, but since I have such a huge move coming up they will be put on hold until I am settled in Portland. Until then I just want to get involved in any way possible. I shall be lurking...watching...waiting!

JF

Oh and when I'm online feel free to message me on AIM: Jadesfirered MUAHAHAH

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 02:01:13 PM »
Stay tuned for future events. One good way to get plugged in and get to know everyone is to show up to an event. We are always in need of spotters. So the next  public event that we have and you can swing it, you should come! You too, Daniel... and Cooter.... and .......  :mrgreen:

- The 48 Hours of Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

JadesFire

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 10:52:12 PM »
pardon the newb question but what does a spotter do? XD

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 12:09:01 AM »
They Spot! Actually i'm new too, but i'm guessing form what i've heard, they take pictures and other stuff...?
Where abouts in Portland are you moving to? The area right around downtown up in the area of 22nd street and the surrounding areas are great. That's where i've been for the last two years going to school, its been good. If you need any help getting moved in feel free to ask (sorry if that sounds wierd, i'm always helping people move into this building though, see a moving truck, go down and offer help :P) Bill and i seem to be in the immediate area and plenty of others as well, so welcome (to Cloud City and Portland) and i hope this is a good experiance for ya.
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 06:02:24 AM »
pardon the newb question but what does a spotter do? XD

LOL everybody asks this, I did too. The spotter, while not as cool as being suited up, is just as important player as the trooper.
Some of the duties a spooter may do...

Take the photos.
Crowd control (kids like to run off with thermal detonator caps all the time)
Announce Stairs to the troopers (its hard to see in the helmet)
Hold your blaster for signing autographs (you are after all a *stormtrooper, or whatever, in their mind)
or whatever else comes up.....
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

JadesFire

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 09:28:59 AM »
Lol I can do that! I love taking pictures *gently pats her camara* Actually I even took a pic of the guys who came to the parage... hmm lessee if I can post is XD

MUAHAHA

*goes to check event page*

*lurks*
JF

Offline Quick2

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 08:07:56 PM »
Good looking picture...  The troopers are from the Left to right....  Kyle as a Clone, Allan as a TK, Peter as a TK, and Dave H. as a TK.

We sure did enjoy ourselves.... Thanks for sharing it Jades...
Allan Quick

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 10:25:33 PM »
Welcome JadesFire.  Said hi on the Spec Ops boards as well.  :wink:

JadesFire

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 08:30:18 AM »
That I shall XD

Offline Metal4Life

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 12:47:46 PM »
Greetings JadesFire! Great to see that your aspiring to join the ranks! You guys are gonna have loads of fun.
Thats a great pic, I dig the tall and sexy one back there.
One shot, one kill? BAH!... I prefer the Machine Gunners way, ACCURACY BY VOLUME!  -TK5811

Offline ClonenolC

• Cloud City Retired
  • my backpack's got jets... no, for real!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 01:28:01 PM »
 So, Metal..... you like Kyle huh???  :lol:  welcome to the boards Jades!!!! there are many costume choices... and once you start, it's hard to stop purchasing them, just ask Peppito!!!
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 02:18:29 PM »
thats why you should try to build your own from the ground up! (Keeps you in check lol)
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Tags: