Author Topic: New here :)  (Read 9120 times)

Qui-Fawn

Re: New here :)
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 04:45:06 PM »
PSA = public service announcement

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 09:22:14 AM »
Public Service Announcement
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline TD-8821

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 11:26:32 PM »
The scout designs are really cool, would be cool to see what about a barc trooper there armor is camo and it looks simular to a biker scout.....
Look sir,droids!!!!
Rob...
TD-8821
CCG,MEPD officer,

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 05:20:25 PM »
Cool, i learn something new everyday, thanks.
BARC trooper, i've looked into him, and it might be something i do someday, but i am so attatched to the traditional Biker Scout helmet (also if i do something non-canon for my first suit i don't have to worry messing up some design element lol)

I jsut ordered a scout helmet, partially as back up if my creation fails hard, and also for some solid referance to build from.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 11:02:02 PM by SpitFireScout »
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2007, 08:13:09 AM »
What kind of bucket did you get?
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 04:45:19 PM »
The run of the mill, Rubies Classic Biker Scout bucket, or atleast thats what they say it is (i hope) i can never get myself to truly trust internet purchases, even though i have never had a bad experiance yet. i spent 70 some dollars for the bucket and then $11 for shipping so it rounded out somewhere around $80. I hope it fits.

I really should have picked your guy's brains about good places to buy buckets before i purchased, but my original intent was to build my own, but i figured if that falls through i'd have this (it was kinda spontainious), it also will make excellent referance material for the build, so its a step towards success. I'd say what site i got it from but i can't remember if its okay to tell that on the boards.
I would have loved to get a Don Post bucket but we all know the sad story about what happened to them :(
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 04:47:06 PM by SpitFireScout »
Daniel Burgess TK5308<br /><br />Full Metal Scout; for honor, for glory, for extra rations!

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2007, 09:50:54 PM »
I think that in general you will find that building your own costs much more than buying an already constructed kit...unless you already have the equipment and the skill to make what you need. In that case, we need to talk. ;)

-Kyle
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2007, 11:31:18 PM »
Well, i was planning on building it out of metal around a skull cap helmet.. when i get started i'll send pics :)

Although i have alot of experiance with sculpting clay, so i feel confident i could sculpt a helmet and take it to someone who has a vaccumform table and work out the whole molding process.
I believe there is clay that self hardens, i'll have to look into it (skip the process of making a plaster mold) Would have to do some tests to see if it would hold up to the heat of the plastic.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 11:35:59 PM by SpitFireScout »

Offline tavrikgannon

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2007, 08:09:43 AM »
Daniel -
For the price paid, yeah, that is a Rubies. I have the same one. And while I don't ever intend to use it for trooping, it is good to have a cheap backup in case something happens!

- Bill

- Corran Horn

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 10:06:12 AM »
My thoughts exactely Bill, i intend to reinforce it with metal bands like i've heard recommended, help it hold its shape while handeling it and gravity can be a pain too :P.

Offline ClonenolC

• Cloud City Retired
  • my backpack's got jets... no, for real!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 01:28:42 PM »
worried about internet purchases?? Bill is your man to talk to about internet purchases  :lol:!  i think he's still E-bay's #1 customer.  cant wait to see this trooper in action!!!
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Offline SpitFireScout

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2007, 05:04:27 PM »
i have a two week break comming up after next week (finals week :shock:) That should be plenty of time to get alot of work done on the biker scout suit, and maybe even get the kit built for the speeder bike mode to my 50r motorbike :)

I have to fit work in there as well, but i'll have more free time yay!
It'll be interesting documenting the process, will add a little time, work take picture, work take picture, but it will be fun.

Tags: