Author Topic: I need help.....Or How to decide?  (Read 8547 times)

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: I need help.....Or How to decide?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 08:35:29 PM »
I suppose I'll weigh in-

First things first get yourself a TK, a WHITE ONE! Power in numbers baby, you can wear it to any troop and be loved. Plus there's nothing quite as cool as when a bunch of white troopers are together.

Next get yourself your favorite character, EU, Rebel or whatever, this is the character that you'll have the most fun costuming as, and you'll want to take a break from armor pinches here and there.

Then get a character that is recognizable yet unique. Good examples are the clone commanders, I know half the kids don't know or care who Commander Bly is but they know he's a Star Wars character. or do a random Mandelorian, people may ask you "Which Fett are you supposed to be?" But forget them... Mando's are cool. just don't do a 181st TI, cuz that's what I'm working on next.

Lastly, GET SOMETHING HUGE... the bigger the costume the more love you get - Chewie and Vader always have a crowd of people around them. Biggie Size yourself and feel the love

I also believe that everyone needs to have an Officer's Outfit, it's a good back up in case some crazed Red Belt kicks your hip out.

Unless you don't mind being called Darth What's His Name, Willyfae, Skeletor, or Death Eater #23 don't be Darth Nihilus

Unless you're having a Star Wars themed wedding or something, don't do a Jedi costume... Jedi's are stupid :P

Paul

Qui-Fawn

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 09:07:17 PM »
*ahem*

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 09:22:02 PM »
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline grumpydevil

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 09:33:56 PM »
I don't appreciate you guys undermining my attempts to fill the ranks with Galactic Marines!

:lol:
"The EVO troopers were one of the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers."

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 09:36:48 PM »
Ah, masterjedi. When you can snatch the remote from my hand, you will receive wisdom. We try to save you from being called, "What are you supposed to  be?"  :twisted: :wink:

Offline Daverian

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 07:10:34 AM »
hey, I don't want to hear it,  I'm the space balls guy....... :shock:

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 09:51:40 AM »
IMPERIAL 8BALL!
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 10:22:24 AM »
IMPERIAL 8BALL!

LOL---

I was thinking maybe I should do

GONK!
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline Pepito

• Cloud City Retired
  • His Royal Highness the Alien King
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 11:51:18 AM »
I don't know how much Bill would appriciate that :shock:
Paul

Offline ClonenolC

• Cloud City Retired
  • my backpack's got jets... no, for real!!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 02:17:01 PM »
Just do a costume that you love and want to do..... most of the characters from the new movies get love from the kiddies no matter what.  Even the Galactic Marine would get love from the kids.  watch the parents when they see the clones.. they are unsure as to who or what they are.  "look Jonny! a Stormtrooper!"  'no mom... that's a clone trooper'  all kids know the new movies... they dont all know the Holy Trilogy.  even as Boba i get some messed up, funny, interesting costume comments -
                            who are you suppose to be?
                             where are your pistols Jango?
                            did you know you got your head cut off by Mace Windu?
                            what kind of clone armor is that?
                             Jango, your armor is really dirty...
                            look honey, it's Darth Vader (no, really... a mom said that once)
                         AND the best most damning comment that threw me for a loop...................
                                                     Oh, look!!! a Cylon!!!

yeah......... so choose your costume, and be prepared to answer questions no matter what.  it will happen it is inevitable and you will have to deal with it.  Just make sure it is one that YOU like.  as for the Galactic Marine.... Nick is doing one and i think that IF you decide that is the route for you, think how friggin impressive it will look with Kyle in the middle flanked by two kick @ss marines.... that's my two cents -

And i'm out!!!!
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2007, 02:29:43 PM »
Well at least one kick a$$ marine.  :mrgreen: :wink: 

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 02:51:51 AM »
Yes,Listen to the mandalorian! :P :wink: A fellow Galatic Marine would be awesome!If you want I'll bring my helmet to the WTC event so you can take a look at it!And I just sent numerous links so that should give you a hand

And ya know,maybe the perfect outfit for you would be....A MUTANT EWOK!!! :shock:
It's so tall we can't miss! :lol:
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 10:02:43 AM »
If you want I'll bring my helmet to the WTC event so you can take a look at it!
Yeah bring it, I'd like to have a look at it. Is it finished?

And I just sent numerous links so that should give you a hand

If you sent me links, via pm, you sent em to the wrong person, cause I got nothing.

And ya know,maybe the perfect outfit for you would be....A MUTANT EWOK!!! :shock:
It's so tall we can't miss! :lol:
A Mutant Ewok? We already got one of those. Right Rick?

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 12:47:18 PM »
Yes I did :oops: BUT I've corrected the problem and the links should be on their way!
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Offline tavrikgannon

• The "International" 48 Hours of Bill
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2007, 02:31:27 PM »
I have to seriously weigh in on this one. Barry has some very valid points regarding costumes that are easily recognizeable. Paul has some good points regarding how best to approach costuming. Now let me tell you what Matt told me once, and I happen to think it was excellent advise. First and foremost, get yourself a costume that is seen in the movies, like a stormtrooper, clone trooper, Tie Pilot and so on. This way you will always have a canon costume for those canon events. Moot point due to the frequency of canon events??? Maybe. But it does pose a good rule of thumb. Like Paul said, get a regular costume from the films and then play with whatever secondary characters you want.
Regular TK armor isn't as expensive as one might think. I told you on the day of the armor party the officer is probably the easiest and cost effective costumes out there. And nevermind what Paul says about the Jedi - they are probably the second easiest and cost effective (depending on how much you put into it, that is). There are always options out there.....

- Bill
"In for a micron, in for a meter. No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect."

- Corran Horn

Tags: