Author Topic: Hello Great Heros Of The Empire  (Read 7410 times)

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello Great Heros Of The Empire
« on: July 12, 2007, 03:07:51 PM »
My name's Tony I am 31 years old,from NE Portland, and just recently got into Costuming. I enjoy the hobby and have just one complete uniform, no not "Star Wars" themed, and am looking to eventually join the Cloud City Garrison. After trolling around
several different 501st Websites I decided to go with an outfit befitting a fine Imperial, but as yet not a stormtrooper. I see the Cloud City Garrison doesn't have any Imperial Gunners and I wanted to try out one of those. After various searching I've found out
why Cloud City doesn't have any gunners.......Gulp around $300-$500(give or take) for the helm alone. OUCH.....I have read on the RPF of a kind called a "Capricorn" but don't know the quality, nor where to find one. Could some of you other fine imperials help steer the new guy to the armory? I get lost easy..........Thanks......
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: Hello Great Heros Of The Empire
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 04:50:25 PM »
Hello Cooter, welcome to Cloud City.  Was is your real name, if you don't mind me asking.

I can set you up with a Imperial Gunner helmet, what is know to us as the IG for $75 a kit.  You will have to finish it, and it needs the cag decals and the visor, but that is easy to come by.  Please PM or email me.  There are two others that are wanting to get this helmet as well, so we can make a mass order and save on shipping.

Also, check out Jason Shaw on this board, he start the Imperial Gunners corps, the premier Imperial Gunner detachment for the 501st.

FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 05:55:57 PM »
My name's Tony I am 31 years old,from NE Portland, and just recently got into Costuming. I enjoy the hobby and have just one complete uniform, no not "Star Wars" themed, and am looking to eventually join the Cloud City Garrison. After trolling around
several different 501st Websites I decided to go with an outfit befitting a fine Imperial, but as yet not a stormtrooper. I see the Cloud City Garrison doesn't have any Imperial Gunners and I wanted to try out one of those. After various searching I've found out
why Cloud City doesn't have any gunners.......Gulp around $300-$500(give or take) for the helm alone. OUCH.....I have read on the RPF of a kind called a "Capricorn" but don't know the quality, nor where to find one. Could some of you other fine imperials help steer the new guy to the armory? I get lost easy..........Thanks......

Silly CO!   Glad to see you made it over here Tony!  Can't wait to get an Imperial Gunner in the ranks.  Let us know if you need anything.

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 08:23:58 PM »
I'm the real TONY around here... you poser.  ;)  Welcome to the boards!
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
SIC SEMPER EVELLO MORTEM TYRANNIS
MOLON LABE

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 08:24:47 PM »
I just thought it was Tony Krewson messing with me...
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 08:26:51 PM »
LOL.... Martin, would I do that?  :mrgreen:

Seriously, I didn't start this thread, but I'd like to get in on the IG bucket order!  :D
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
MOLON LABE

Offline jasond011

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 08:27:03 PM »
welcome dude.  yeah,  as  far as i know, ive been the only imperial gunner in these parts.  ive recently upgraded buckets from the old one i had.  i think the kit i got is the same one martin is talking about.  its black abs and from a great sculpt.  i also have  the gunner hard armor.  lemme know if i can be of help getting your gear together.  itll be great having another gunner in the ranks!  thanks for the plug martin!
Jason D. Shaw
IG/TB-1398

501st Legion

Offline jasond011

• 501st Legion Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 08:30:21 PM »
oh yeah, a good gunner outfit shouldnt cost you more than about $350-375 to complete with all parts, accessories and assembly materials.
Jason D. Shaw
IG/TB-1398

501st Legion

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 09:14:02 PM »
No I am not the other Tony. I am this Tony. LOL Anyway thanks for the info guys. I plan to get some PMs sent off tonight.
As for the answer to your next question "Cooter Davis" is a mythical person my father made up, while serving as
a Drill Sgt in the U.S. Army. Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully I can get on that Gunner set up here soon.....
Is a Ka no Kata, with a Zenpo Gari, from the Hoko No Kami position an acceptable defense against a zombie attack?

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 06:22:28 AM »
LOL.... well what a coincidence... I was a Drill Sgt. in the U.S. Army too!!   We have now entered the "Twilight Zone"!  :lol:
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
MOLON LABE

Offline Daverian

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 06:55:13 AM »
Hello...my name is talking Tina..... :evil:

Offline Stomper

• Cloud City Retired
  • OLD IMPERIAL GOON
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 07:03:29 AM »
HEY!!!?  It ain't ME!  (I always wondered why you had that string coming out of your neck, Dave ;) )
Tony Krewson
TK/TD-4063
MOLON LABE

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 08:43:26 AM »
LOL.... well what a coincidence... I was a Drill Sgt. in the U.S. Army too!!   We have now entered the "Twilight Zone"!  :lol:

Sweet the Empire needs to show a presence there too. Overtake this "Twilight Zone" by force if they dont surrender first....

Offline Cooter Davis

• TI-7852
  • Cloud City Retired
  • Taking a Nap.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 08:43:58 AM »
Hello...my name is talking Tina..... :evil:

Lol ok Hi Tina

Offline Daverian

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 12:29:41 PM »
...sorry, for those of you who didn't catch that reference, it was a classic Twilight Zone episode with Telly Savalas.
Welcome to the wonderful world of the CCG!!  I am also putting together a Gunner.  :wink:

Tags: