Author Topic: ATTENTION OMSI VOLUNTEERS/ATTENDEES  (Read 5754 times)

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: ATTENTION OMSI VOLUNTEERS/ATTENDEES
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 03:09:25 PM »
When people were trained, they got an ID badge with their picture on it.  That was to be surrendered by all people.  Folks that did 50 hours get a special membership badge that states that 50 hours of volunteer time was done to earn that badge.  The badge that you received for training has a picture on it.  I got one, I turned it in.  The ID badge that you got for training was to be surrendered as per the request of OMSI.
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline Rosey

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Re: ATTENTION OMSI VOLUNTEERS/ATTENDEES
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 04:23:35 PM »
Actually, I never received anything that said I completed 50 hours--I just got a free membership that was valid until 5/31/2007. 

As Martin said, those volunteer badges that were issued via the orientation with your pictures on them have to be surrendered if OMSI asks for them.  While I understand these badges have sentimental value, they do not belong to us.  They belong to OMSI.  If they ask for them, we need to give them back.  It's like a gym card--when you join, you agree to give it back when you leave.  It's in the verbiage of the documents you sign when you agree to be a volunteer.

The Star Wars special access badges (black, no picture) are fine to keep.  :-)
Ara / Ar'alani
ID/TB-7673
Honorary CO of the Georgia Garrison
Survivor of the Pasadena Death March

Tags: