Author Topic: For all you mac users  (Read 3400 times)

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
For all you mac users
« on: March 15, 2007, 10:57:42 PM »
My dad(Being an avid mac user)downloaded a program for the mac side of his laptop motion sensor,when you activate it you hear the sound of a lightsaber starting up,if you leave it alone will hum like the blade but if you move it then it makes the exact sound of a saber moving,and move it hard enough it will make the sound of lightsabers clashing.It sounds like your holding an actual saber in your hands! :lol:So needless to say my dad and I have been having fun weaving his laptop back and forth.(though I'm sure the laptop wouldn't agree)
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Offline Daverian

Re: For all you mac users
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 07:14:07 AM »
Yeah, he showed it to me yesterday!! That is funny!! We discussed the "foley" possibilities in making a fan film by weaving your laptop back and forth and recording it....LOL

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 08:31:42 AM »
Nick 2 was all over the house with my laptop acting out saberplay last night  :roll:. My fear is that I'm going to end up with "shaken laptop syndrome"  :D :D

« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 08:35:48 AM by Ancient Fan »
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline Zolotkey

• Cloud City Retired
  • Twitter anyone?
    • Imperial Base
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 09:25:39 AM »
Hehe. There was a slashdot post about this when it first came out. I have yet to play with such program but there is a program I think to get the Wii Remotes to play the sound when you weild it around. :P
Nick Z
ID/TK-2516 Retired
Sr QA Engineer

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 10:26:46 AM »
It's a free download and works on most of the intel mac books I believe. The sound is very high quality. The motion sensor is meant to lock down the hardrive if it senses the laptop is falling - yet look what we're doing  :mrgreen:
Here's a short video taken with iSight (the built-in camera and mic) so you will pick up ambient sounds - but MacSaber can be output directly without picking up the ambient mic sounds for pure effect. At least you get the idea. It also gives you an on screen reference of deflection and G forces so you don't "over do it".

Their URL is http://isnoop.net/blog/2006/05/26/macsaber-10-released/

When you hear the clashing saber sound the backlit keyboard also lights up  8)
BTW - I don't recommend doing this beyond the novelty or for fan film - after all it can be a little rough on the unit in the long run  :wink:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 10:34:15 AM by Ancient Fan »
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline xrayman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Skullworx.com
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 08:16:28 AM »
You guys with macs have all the fun toys!   :cry: