Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 5768 times)

Offline Trumby

Hello!
« on: June 15, 2007, 01:02:29 AM »
Hello everyone, my name is Anthony, I'm 21, live in SE Portland..and am looking to acquire some armor..either Stormtrooper,  Snowtrooper, or maybe even Scouttrooper..depending on what I can find to fit me, then to join the 501st and consequently, this Garrison as well. I've been looking into Stormtrooper armor mainly and it seems like the only kind I can ever find is FX which from what I've seen...just looks funny on people of my body type (I'm skinny <.<). So I read some posts about asking on my local Garrisons board for help and I figure you all may know who I need to get into contact with to get the armor. I'm kind of in a tossup as to which I want more..probably the Snowtrooper if I can find someone who'll make it, mainly because they are more unique. Anyways, if you've got contacts for anyone who can do any of those three I would be very thankful for them ^-^

Offline Daverian

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 06:58:49 AM »
Welcome in! Snowtrooper is cool! Do we have one of those in the garrison yet?

Offline DoubleTap

• The officer formerly known as wsco911
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 07:10:33 AM »
Welcome to the boards.  We are more then happy to help you out, but I recommend you look here www.whitearmor.net it will help you figure out different types of armor and give you more leads.
Jim TK 1747
Smell Rob's finger.

Offline FireStorm

• Cloud City Retired
  • Shoeless Duke Rufus!!
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 08:26:48 AM »
Welcome.  I just emailed you on armor!!
FireStorm aka Martin Vavra
Mjolnir
"It's easy shooting Ewoks...you just don't lead them as much!"

Offline Trumby

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 11:20:47 AM »
Welcome to the boards.  We are more then happy to help you out, but I recommend you look here www.whitearmor.net it will help you figure out different types of armor and give you more leads.
Haha, thanks, but I actually joined whitearmor.net a little while back and have been looking around on there, I didn't ask anyone specifically for contacts there as most posts on where to acquire armor tell people to ask their local garrison for help as there may be someone in their area who has the hookup, so to speak :P

Thanks for the email, fire! I shall reply shortly ^-^

Offline guyactor

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 05:08:07 PM »
Snowtrooper....... Do we have one of those in the garrison yet?

Only one I can think of is when Todd's wife, Yvette troops.

Barry

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 06:59:45 PM »

Only one I can think of is when Todd's wife, Yvette troops.

Barry

From what I understand after the Pasadena Death March she says it's officially retired. Maybe Todd could give a little more insight.

Phil
Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline tbbaker69

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 12:00:41 PM »
Yup, it's only been 6 months so I haven't even dared to ask if she's thought about trooping in it.   :D

If you want to do a snow trooper, there's a guy locally now that does a great job on the armor.  Skinny guys do really well in either a Snow or Scout uniform.  So I think you're on the right track and you'll look awesome.  Nick2 (sithman) has a great bikerscout uniform and he's pretty thin, so be sure to check out his photos.  He definitely looks the part and pulls off the sniper thing really well.
Todd
Cloud City Garrison
AR-ARC/CT-501st/IG/RC-Shadow/TA/TB/TD/TI/TK/TS/TX-9700
(also Rebel Legion x-wing pilot infiltrator and astromech wrangler)

Offline Ancient Fan

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 02:14:31 PM »
Skinny guys do really well in either a Snow or Scout uniform.  So I think you're on the right track and you'll look awesome.  Nick2 (sithman) has a great bikerscout uniform and he's pretty thin, so be sure to check out his photos.  He definitely looks the part and pulls off the sniper thing really well.

Here's a link to some of his photos  :mrgreen:   http://homepage.mac.com/philchil/PhotoAlbum3.html

When there, check out the link "in the trees".

Phil / ID 7538

Imperial Doorman

Offline Trumby

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 10:37:45 AM »
Wow! Those are some really good pictures of the Scout. I've actually made up my mind, I'm going to do the snow trooper. Can always use more of those ^-^

Offline Sithman

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 02:57:16 PM »
What?Tree dodger too good for you? :wink: :mrgreen:

Just kidding!Yes we certainly could!I think we only have one snow trooper in the entire garrison.If we got more we could do some awesome photoshoots during the winter!
Nick
"Welcome to Cloud City!A safe place to hide from the Empire...."

"..Unless of course I turn you in!"

Offline Bskull

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 10:42:40 AM »
Welcome, Trumby. Looking forward to seeing you as a snow trooper. :)

Looks like a long way down.

Tags: