Author Topic: Boba Fett Bucket  (Read 4503 times)

RaptorArts

Boba Fett Bucket
« on: January 06, 2007, 09:13:48 PM »
I have a white vinyl boba fett helmet "bucket" and was told its the best don post out there. I know theres beter fan made ones but i want to work on this one..  I trimmed out the front and took out that flemsy pos plastic. I bought a welding shield and did my own "T" visor but by the directions i have read "take 50 grit sand paper and rough up the area then use 2 ton 5 minute epoxy to adhere the visor in place.. Well on problem where i trimmed the junk out its too thin.. By the pictures below you can see what I mean.. I dont want to trim it too close to the front unless thats what I am supposed to do..

abntroop

Re: Boba Fett Bucket
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 09:29:51 PM »
scrap it and save your pennies bro. that's the best advice you can get  :) those buckets just arent worth all the effort you'd need to put into it to get it looking semi-decent.  I know that comes of crappy, but it isnt meant so. if you're interested in joining the legion, setting your standards high is a good place to start. be willing to take your time, save your cash, and not cut corners or rush.
ESPECIALLY ESPECIALLY ESPECIALLY with a Fett!!!!!!!!  :)

if you're serious about doing a fett, this is the forum you need to be on. don't post, just read ALOT!
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/

good luck. the path is long but well worth it.  :)

Offline My Only Fettish

• Cloud City Member
  • Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 10:09:41 PM »
I have a DP helmet and I like it a lot.  It runs a little small, but since I'm small, it works.  However, it was a lot of work to make it useable, so keep that in mind. 

Now, I'm not sure exactly what your question is.  You should mount the visor behind the cutout, so the visor should be bigger than the cutout.  Put your epoxy on (thick enough that it will fill into the gaps and touch your visor's extra width evenly) around the cutout and put your visor into place.  Be VERY careful that you do NOT get epoxy oozing out onto the visor itself though! 

I agree with Matt--the Dented Helmet is THE resource for building a Fett.  Buy a reference CD from them and check out the website.  We can give you some of our advice, but honestly, we pretty much went to TDH to build ours, so we will mostly be repeating what you see there.   :roll: 
Theresa
BH 2828

RaptorArts

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 10:15:56 AM »
I am talking about the depth of the vinyl into the helmet from the outside where the lense is supposed to go. I might have to get 2 part epoxy putty to fill it up just to put the lense in.

As for the bucket im working on being a waste of time... thats my choice... My bucket.
If theres one people are producing like the storm trooper helmets then can you post a link to that?

Thx for the link to the dented helmet forum.

Offline rosyfett

• Cloud City Retired
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 04:22:36 PM »
   Just thinking out loud here Vincent. I made my entire helmet out of steel and aluminum. When it came time to fasten the lens, I did'nt want it to be too permanent. Maybe consider using a quality friction tape or something, (I just used ductape), and use it in a way that bridges the gap down the vertical portion of the "T". I can see on your pics that there is no lip on which to apply any kind of glue in that area. If ya think about it there probably is'nt too much comprimise involved in the amount of visibility that might be obstructed in that area. If you use 1" tape half on the lens and half on the helmet that should'nt be too obstructive. The added benefit is the ability to switch out the lens because of scratches or the wrong tint, say for night trooping and such.
I'll smile the whole time I am choking you!  At least one of us will be having fun!

RaptorArts

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 05:23:20 PM »
Hmmm... never though about night trooping.. Ya i have the real dark lense i think level 4 or something maybe 6 but its dark. Great for daylight but night I would be unable to see anything at all. Ill have to look into one of those light smoke color lenses for night time.

Funny your the only one who saw the very thin edge i have to adhere the lense to.. If I tape it the mask will still be warped. I need to do the putty thing and probably use small screws to fasten the lense in. Then maybe a steel rod inside the neck area to have the helmet keep its shape.

Tags: