Author Topic: New Hopeful Member - Vancouver WA  (Read 633 times)

Offline SpringMillCo

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
New Hopeful Member - Vancouver WA
« on: June 07, 2023, 03:26:29 AM »
Hello! My name is Ben Springer-Miller and my wife and I live in Vancouver WA. I am a lifelong Star Wars fanatic, and it has been my dream for years to join the organization. I have a Han Solo cosplay that I worked on for a long time, and nearly got approved 6-7 years ago. During college I wasn’t able to do much with it, and now that I’ve been out for a bit, it’s my dream to resume my goal of being a member. My world consists of outdoor activities and Star Wars, and I have a passion for community outreach. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

As well as my goal of getting approved for Han Solo, my wife is also contemplating trying to do a Leia build.

Anyway, excited to meet you all, and wish you all the best.

Ben.

Offline CadBane3

Re: New Hopeful Member - Vancouver WA
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 06:20:39 AM »
Hello and welcome! Looking forward to meeting you.
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 07:37:56 AM »
welcome, Ben!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Sarah

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2023, 06:20:07 PM »
Welcome Ben! Looking forward to you joining the team and hopefully getting to troop together soon!
TK/ID/DS/DZ-26534

Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs!

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2023, 08:38:37 PM »
Welcome!!
Jedi Missy

Offline Nathanzx10r

• Cloud City Admin
  • GML
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 01:46:24 AM »
Welcome, thanks for joining us.
Scout Trooper / RO-Tie Pilot / Tusken Raider

Offline khazara

• Cloud City Member
  • 501: Scout & TIE. RL: Han Solo, X-Wing, Willrow.
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2023, 01:15:07 PM »
Hello! My name is Ben Springer-Miller and my wife and I live in Vancouver WA. I am a lifelong Star Wars fanatic, and it has been my dream for years to join the organization. I have a Han Solo cosplay that I worked on for a long time, and nearly got approved 6-7 years ago. During college I wasn’t able to do much with it, and now that I’ve been out for a bit, it’s my dream to resume my goal of being a member. My world consists of outdoor activities and Star Wars, and I have a passion for community outreach. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

As well as my goal of getting approved for Han Solo, my wife is also contemplating trying to do a Leia build.

Anyway, excited to meet you all, and wish you all the best.

Ben.
Hi Ben! I have 3 versions of Han Solo approved with Rebel Legion and while I’m not a costume judge or expert, I might be able to help you on your journey to approval and get you in touch with any preferred suppliers (if needed). I don’t believe there have been any major changes in the approval guidelines from 7 years ago (mine were approved 5 years ago). 
There is an in person Star Wars Oregon Meet & Greet scheduled for July 8 but it’s in Corvallis (so not the most convenient) and I don’t see that we have any build parties / armor parties scheduled, so feel free to message me if you have any questions that I might be able to help with.

Todd F

Offline VADER0605

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2023, 02:34:34 PM »
Welcome!!!
Chris Stevens
Rogue One Darth Vader
SL-91149
WIP: ANH VADER
        ROTJ VADER

Offline Sume

• Cloud City Member