Author Topic: Looking to cut my teeth  (Read 606 times)

Offline Onantx

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Looking to cut my teeth
« on: July 11, 2022, 07:35:04 PM »
Hail the Emperor! My name is Jason, i go by onantx (on-antics) I've been a long time fan of Star Wars and I'm looking to get involved with the charity side of the 501st. I don't fully understand the 501legion website as all I found after looking was where to submit the costumes for approval into the 501st. I have yet to begin and not too sure where to start honestly. I'd love to do a Sandtrooper as my first. Money isn't a HIGE issue as I have a good budget for this set aside.

I currently live in Onalaska WA, but we are getting ready to relocate after the sale to Longview/Kelso area. Looking forward to the hobby and charity's.

Offline 1nfern0

Re: Looking to cut my teeth
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 07:23:55 AM »
Welcome Jason! If you’re keen on doing a Sandie I’d head on over to the Mos Eisley Police Department and start reading through their forums: http://www.mepd.net/

For armor, it’s always good to check the For Sale section on MEPD for a start, but if money isn’t a big issue and you want a (not so) shiny new kit I’d go for RS Propmasters. They are cast directly from a Sandtrooper suit used in ANH, so are the most accurate you can get. You can get the pieces to build one yourself, or commission a full build to your height and weight.
https://www.rspropmasters.com/

Hope this helps. MTFBWY!

Garrett
CC/TK/DZ/ID/TI/TR-44214

IN in progress… TB in progress...

“Close the blast doors! Open the blast doors!”

Offline CJ49er

Re: Looking to cut my teeth
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 06:08:16 PM »
Welcome, Jason!

Garrett has some great advice! 

We have a few Sandies in our unit, so hopefully they can also chime in with words of wisdom. 

Kelso/Longview may be close to Garrison Titan area, but Cloud City would be happy to have you! Whatever works best for you.

SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Tags: