Author Topic: Hello Again!  (Read 1508 times)

Offline ORDCAnthony

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello Again!
« on: September 08, 2021, 01:26:43 PM »
I'm not quite "new" to the page but hello again, Im Anthony and I'm in the Roseburg area! I lost my steam and ended up abandoning my Revan Project due to the Helmet I printed being about 5% too small but maxed in size for my printer. I'm back and this time with a RotS Clone project! I'll have my armor kit from Imperial Surplus hopefully this Monday and I have my Helmet already from Dave's Armory. If anyone has tips or tricks feel free to share. And if there ends up being an armor party sometime (Pending Pandemic cooperation) or an experienced builder is down to help thatd be awesome (I am vaxxed and recently tested Negative) Mostly just seeking help with the fitting the funky bits and the calf armor. (them spoons are a bit daunting) I do intend on going for 501st approval and membership at some point. The build is gonna start as the basic un legioned trooper for a bit, but the end goal is Commander Bow. It's great to meet everyone again! I hope to Troop alongside ya'll sometime!

Offline NavySith

Re: Hello Again!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 02:54:52 PM »
Welcome
I’m the current DCO for the Clones of the Republic (Clones are duel members) and have built 2 clones , a realistic RotS 212th and ARC trooper Fives. If you have any questions just ask away.

Here is a link for Realistic Clone construction from Kevin (Imperial Surplus): https://imperialsurplus.com/armor-tutorials/

Good Luck and yeah more Clones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline ORDCAnthony

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 05:18:39 PM »
Hey, great to meet you! I had considered a "dual citizenship" between The 501st and Rebels. But would Commander Bow be allowed in the Rebels since he wasn't really Canon in the timelines until Vader and the Empire?

Offline NavySith

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 06:45:02 PM »
Clones are generally duel members and Bow would qualify as duel membership

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline ORDCAnthony

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 08:59:27 PM »
Well cool! Do you haveany advice for the undersuit? I'm looking at one that's on Amazon through TrooperBay atm

Offline NavySith

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 01:00:18 AM »
I have just used compression pants and long sleeve compression shirts. As long as you can’t see the logo you’re fine. They even have some out there that has a high collar.

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline ORDCAnthony

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 05:43:21 AM »
Gotcha gotcha.  I'm after more of a one piece undersuit, so I'll just have to keep on the research grind. Also have an update! Armor Kit should be delivered today! A few days early! I'll start a build thread in the appropriate location and drop a link to it here when I make it

Offline NavySith

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 07:17:32 AM »
I would recommend a WIP on CTD, COR, and CCG, it should fat a little help from a variety of current clones and also the judges look at those, they might not say anything on them but they are looking.

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline ORDCAnthony

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 12:23:07 PM »
I'll do that! I really appreciate it! I might end up reaching out to see if an experienced builder would be down to help me fit some pieces. I'm a little hesitant to do solo fitting. Them spoons really have me a bit nervous haha

Offline NavySith

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 01:13:45 PM »
I did the clamshell. They are easier and it's not required for approval to do the spoons.

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline ORDCAnthony

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2021, 06:41:31 PM »
I haven't heard of that technique I'll have to check it out! Armor came in today!

Offline NavySith

Hello Again!
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 08:25:07 PM »
Clamshell is overlapping the inside and the connecting it with Velcro

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 08:26:41 PM by NavySith »

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline ORDCAnthony

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2021, 10:13:28 AM »
Oooohhh! That makes sense. I believe the spoon method is required for level 2 cert though. My dumb butt is shooting for the highest certs for each piece haha I've been pouring over youtube vids so I'm sure I'll have it figured out before long!  :D

Offline NavySith

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2021, 10:30:56 AM »
Unlike the TK, the clones really don't use the different level of certification even though they list the different levels

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline ORDCAnthony

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2021, 09:04:50 PM »
Ok, well I guess I won't worry too much about that then. My main worry now as I'm trimming flashing and dry fitting is that.. well.. I'm gonna have to add to the chest and abdomen armors. I don't have a whole ton of body fat there just a big rib cage.

Tags: