Author Topic: Hello from Pleasant Hill (close to Eugene a oregon)  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Katriona Swift

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello from Pleasant Hill (close to Eugene a oregon)
« on: May 19, 2021, 04:39:00 PM »
Hi,
My name is Nancy, I have loved Star Wars most of my life. I have to say that the original episodes 4,5,6 where my favorite. I am also a book fiend and love the expanded universe as well as more recent Star Wars novels . I made the mistake of ordering from Procosplay the FO generals outfit, which looks cheesy as heck. Guess it was Ok for Halloween last year. I had met a few of your members from EugCon before Covid hit. I also collect the black series figures and I am on around pg 300 of a Star Wars fan fic. My goal is to be an imperial or First order officer. I would love to join you guys and meet more Star Wars fans. My current cosplay I’m trying to create is not approved here, but is a captain for FO division A mining ops ( in mining gear, this is from my fan fic). The actual goal is not only the costume, but to walk around and ask kids at a con if they are light or dark side and then search in my side pack and provide a ‘kyper crystal’ ( small quartz crystal i color with clear red, blue and maybe other color nail polish) in the color they are ( light/dark). Also am avid rock hounder. For here though, an officer for imperial or FO would be great. Sad thing, I don’t sew, so I need to seek help in one of the other topics about that. Hope there are a few of you from Eugene area and thanks for approving me Cloud City Garrison!

Offline CJ49er

Re: Hello from Pleasant Hill (close to Eugene a oregon)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 04:54:34 PM »
Welcome, Nancy!

We have several Imperial Officers, lots of people in the Eugene area, and lots of people who sew! Although maybe not all of those are in the same categories :P

Great idea about handing out crystals!   Ask lots of questions, we will all do our best to answer them.

SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Katriona Swift

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 10:37:00 PM »
Thank you,

How would one get a hold of one of the Eugene area people about sewing. I would pay for all fabric and work of course. The kyper crystal idea is one I hope to do this year at a Con. Thank you for the warm welcome.

Nancy

Offline CadBane3

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 07:52:37 AM »
Hello and welcome! I'm sure some of our Eugene folks will be along shortly to introduce themselves!
Mike
TK/TB/BH/DS/DZ-42125

Offline MissyThing

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 09:25:01 PM »
Welcome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jedi Missy

Offline Nathanzx10r

• Cloud City Admin
  • GML
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2021, 09:59:55 PM »
Hello and welcome Nancy.  Make sure you sign up to the IOC (Imperial Officer Detachment).  Lots of information there that will guild you down your Officer path. 
Scout Trooper / RO-Tie Pilot / Tusken Raider

Offline Katriona Swift

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 09:51:15 AM »
I don’t have a worthy costume to join the 501st and to join the detachment mentioned I need a 501st number. I guess I’m a little confused on the steps or I’m missing a step to join. I am unsure. Thanks fir dealing with me. 

Nancy

Offline Nathanzx10r

• Cloud City Admin
  • GML
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 01:06:27 PM »
Nancy, you can sign up and participate on the detachments forum just like you are participating here in our Garrison forum. You can introduce yourself there and learn everything you want to know about building your officer.  You can also start a WIP (Work In Progress) here and there, so you can document your build and receive feedback.  I will post the forums address below.

https://www.imperialofficer.com/
Scout Trooper / RO-Tie Pilot / Tusken Raider

Offline Dax Corrin

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 01:27:22 PM »
Howdy from Eugene! Yeah, you can get mentoring, and tips on folks who can provide costumes. I'm not sure there's anyone local doing officer uniform commissions. I have an Imperial Boots Olive Grey set that I like.
TI/IC/IG/IN-12485 Dax Corrin
Founder, NorthWest Quadrant Battery

Offline Chadder

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2021, 11:57:18 AM »
Hi! Like the previous posters said, on the Imperial Officer site there are many threads about where to get the uniforms and vendors who make the belts, buckles, code cylinders & rank bars. The jodhpurs pants are tricky when you first get them - trying to get those flares just right so they’re not droopy. I’m in the Eugene area. Feel free to message me if you need any help or tips: chaddthomasradio@outlook.com

Tags: