Author Topic: Hello from Keizer, Oregon!  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Maujin84

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello from Keizer, Oregon!
« on: November 25, 2020, 10:10:23 PM »
Hello everyone! My name is William, been a fan of Star Wars since I was a kid and have been wanting to join the 501st ever since I found out about it. Recently moved back to Oregon after spending 6 years in Cali, so it's been an adjustment back to Oregon's weather over SoCal's weather lol. Haven't been able to afford to get into it though until recently. Looking at picking up a Shadow Trooper Kit on Friday. It's just the armor pieces, so I'll still need to get all the cloth, under pieces and boots, which I'm not sure as of yet where to go but I figured I got time before worrying about that. Those I felt were easier to get than the actual armor. But I wanted to do a Shadow Trooper as I have just always enjoyed seeing them in any media form I could lol. Just something about an "elite" Storm Trooper and being able to be a bit more sneaky is just too cool not attempt at creating to wear. Hope to be able to really join you guys in the near future and hopefully Covid will calm down enough to really enjoy my build once it's here and done.

Offline NavySith

Re: Hello from Keizer, Oregon!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 10:19:09 PM »
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline Maujin84

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 10:31:51 PM »
Thank you!

Offline nukem25rs

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 10:27:39 AM »
Welcome!
Mike Kraemer
TK/AR-71508
Centurion 285
Whitearmor.net user- NUKEM25RS
R2-Q5  Astromech.net user Nukem25rs
ARC Trooper Havoc
501stClonetroopers.com User Nukem25rs

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 05:12:08 PM »
Welcome, William!

it is surely an adjustment from SoCal to Oregon weather, haha...

Look forward to your Shadow Trooper!  If you have any questions, fire away, we have lots of knowledgeable people.
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Nathanzx10r

• Cloud City Admin
  • GML
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 01:42:03 AM »
Welcome... I just moved back from Tucson AZ, so I hear ya there on the weather LOL. 
Scout Trooper / RO-Tie Pilot / Tusken Raider

Offline Maujin84

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 01:57:31 PM »
Haha it really is. Even though I grew up here (grew up in Dallas, Oregon), after 6 years of more temperate weather in SoCal, it is really an adjustment. Had to basically get a whole new wardrobe! But it's nice to be back, closer to family and friends. And I will for sure be asking for help once my armor gets here. Like, how to attach it, where to find the soft armor pieces (like the neck seal and jump suit) and boots. But I'm super excited for it, because it's something I've been wanting to do for a long time and it's finally happening! Plus, just bought tickets to the Rose City Comic Con (assuming it's safe enough to go) so I can't wait to wear it there. Being part of the 501st and wearing something from it at a Comic Con event is a dream that looks to becoming true!

Offline Maujin84

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2020, 06:39:17 PM »
***Edit***
Figured it out, they are NOT worth the time and effort from what I've been told now.

Question for everyone, but would a website called Jedirobeamerica.com be a decent place to pick up things to help build my outfit? Besides wanting to get things for myself, my friend is wanting to make something for a Comic Con that may or may not happen in the Fall, and he found that website. Just wanted to reach out to see if anyone has heard of it before. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 07:48:17 PM by Maujin84 »

Offline dpmohney

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2020, 07:01:44 PM »
Welcome William. I am local to you here in Salem. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me. I have experience in building TKs and can hopefully make the process a little less painful for you.

Offline Maujin84

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2020, 07:49:39 PM »
Welcome William. I am local to you here in Salem. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me. I have experience in building TKs and can hopefully make the process a little less painful for you.

Hello! Awesome sauce! Because I'm currently unsure of where to go to get the undersuit for my Shadow Trooper. Or boots. Going to go look at what exactly I need and make a list so I can start looking. I've got time before September, but hoping to be up and going well before then.

Offline dpmohney

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2020, 08:32:30 PM »
For the undersuit, Are you a member of Costco? There are two pack of 32Degrees shirts and pants that I use. Very comfortable and only $12-$15 for a two pack. Neck seals can be from Darman's Props or Geeky Pinks. Are you a member of Whitearmor.net yet? That is your first stop.

Offline bigguynextdoor

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2020, 09:47:23 PM »
Welcome aboard!  :D
"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing."

ANH Darth Vader
SL 20461

Offline Maujin84

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2020, 03:57:51 PM »
For the undersuit, Are you a member of Costco? There are two pack of 32Degrees shirts and pants that I use. Very comfortable and only $12-$15 for a two pack. Neck seals can be from Darman's Props or Geeky Pinks. Are you a member of Whitearmor.net yet? That is your first stop.

I am not, but I think my roommate is. I'll have to ask him when he gets home tonight then. I'll go check out Darman's then and I am not a memmber of Whitearmor.net yet either. I will go check out both now though. Like I said, I'm still really new in terms of trying to locate everything I need to get and have, even though I've been wanting to be a member of the 501st for years now. Can't wait to get my armor kit so I can start working on it!

Offline cglodt

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2021, 07:03:07 PM »
Hey there, I’m also in salem and willing to help out if needed.
TK/TI/IG-65011

Offline Jimsidious

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2021, 03:42:07 PM »
hey william welcome aboard!!!! Im a local Salemite and love in n out so if you ever want to meet there OKAY!!!!! lol
Its not the east or the west side, (no its not)
Its not the north or the south side, (no its not)
Its the dark side... (you are correct)
You can't front the Empire
To all you Vader Haters out there...
We'll blow your planet up!

Tags: