Author Topic: New Old Guy LOL  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Nathanzx10r

• Cloud City Admin
  • GML
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
New Old Guy LOL
« on: October 02, 2020, 06:45:34 PM »
Hello everyone!  I am a former Cloud City Garrison member from way back in the day 99-02 (est). I remember trooping Episode I which puts it in the 1999 time frame & the last meeting I remember attending before moving out of the area was at Jantzen Beach Red Lion when we voted on the Garrison's current logo.  Needless to say, it has been a long time ago, I think my TK# was TK-154, because that's my old Email address for some of my usernames still LOL.

I am currently not an active 501st member living in AZ.  I was working on my builds to join the local garrison here, however a few days ago I got the news that my mother has fallen ill with a fast spreading cancer. So, I am currently packing up my life here to return home to be with my family at this time of need.  Once I get home and settled, address family issues, and have a little free time I will submit my pictures to come out of retirement.

My 3 Characters I am working on are:

Imperial Line Officer - Fully funded, last piece arrive here on Monday.
Scout Trooper - Fully funded, parts being redirected to house in Portland.
ANH Darth Vader - Have all hard parts, slowly building over time.

So, I just wanted to drop a quick note and introduce myself. I am looking forward to meeting & making new friends that enjoy the SW life. Hope to see some old timers, but it is quite possible there aren't many still involved.

Nathan 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 07:16:25 PM by Nathanzx10r »
Scout Trooper / RO-Tie Pilot / Tusken Raider

Offline Lidocaine

Re: New Old Guy LOL
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 08:43:59 PM »
Welcome back! Always glad to see a veteran member coming back!

We'll probably have to get you transferred back from the AZ garrison once you're ready to submit, shoot an email to the LCOGs (cog@501st.com) and explain that you're a retired member moving back to Cloud City and would like to be transferred.

As always, feel free to ask any questions you have, and we'll do our best to answer!
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline Nathanzx10r

• Cloud City Admin
  • GML
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 08:57:11 PM »
Welcome back! Always glad to see a veteran member coming back!

We'll probably have to get you transferred back from the AZ garrison once you're ready to submit, shoot an email to the LCOGs (cog@501st.com) and explain that you're a retired member moving back to Cloud City and would like to be transferred.

As always, feel free to ask any questions you have, and we'll do our best to answer!

I never got around to joining here in AZ. I was about to submit my pictures when I got the news about my mom. So, shouldn't have to transfer since I wasn't in the Garrison here.  So I guess, I will just be coming out of a 20+ year retirement with the CCG.

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 09:37:52 PM »
Hey Nathan!

Very sorry to hear about your mom, I hope for the best.

Look forward to you coming out of retirement and re-joining the ranks of CCG!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline Nathanzx10r

• Cloud City Admin
  • GML
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 10:46:45 PM »
Hey Nathan!

Very sorry to hear about your mom, I hope for the best.

Look forward to you coming out of retirement and re-joining the ranks of CCG!

Thank you, it was a real shocker for sure. They were just here 2 weeks ago visiting. Doctors said it was just a slight case of COPD for a cough... Now it's a fast spreading cancer in her lungs, liver, bones, and possible brain.  They never did any tests on her, they wouldn't let her come in for testing because of Covid-19.  So it went untreated for 9 months and now she has 3-4 month left (1-2 years if she responds positive to treatments) because she wasn't allowed to get tested to catch it earlier when symptoms presented themselves and she asked repeatably to come in but was told no .  Horrible, horrible circumstances.

But thank you for the welcome!       
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 11:03:03 PM by Nathanzx10r »

Offline Ilovesanddirt

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 03:46:13 AM »
Welcome back to the PNW, Senior Chief!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nathanzx10r

• Cloud City Admin
  • GML
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 11:54:46 AM »
Welcome back to the PNW, Senior Chief!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Tags: