Author Topic: Hello can't wait to build  (Read 1367 times)

Offline chuwy

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Hello can't wait to build
« on: August 05, 2020, 04:33:09 PM »
Hi, my name is Josh and Iv wanted to join for many years now but thought I'd never be able to afford to do so. I now know that I can do so at a budget. Thanks to 3d printing. I now that it will be a lot of work to get it ready of course. Gotta make it look assume. My Q's for the Garrison is do you except clone troopers in? If not I am having a hard time finding a 3d print file that I can buy or find so that I can print. Any help finding would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
This is the clone trooper I'm looking at https://galacticarmory.net/collections/3d-files/products/phase-2-clone-trooper-armor-3d-print-files

A little about me.
I am a collage student going for a degree in computer science. I'm transferring to sou in the fall. So in a month. I have 2 kids, one 5 year old boy and one almost 2 year old girl. I have a wonderful wife who thinks I have to many Hobby's but let's me anyway. Lol.

I'm looking at building a clone trooper, after that I am not sure yet.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 05:48:16 PM by chuwy »

Offline NavySith

Re: Hello can't wait to build
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 07:24:06 PM »
Welcome
We do accept Clones into the Legions, in fact there at least 155 different Clones that can be done. Which Clone are you looking at? I have done a 212th grunt and also ARC trooper Fives.   In addition to here, you are going to want to become a part of both the COR (Rebel Legion side) and CTD(501st side) Clones are duel members.

Rebel Legion
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/

CTD
https://501stclonetroopers.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline chuwy

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 07:44:21 PM »
Hi that is a good way I don't now witch clone at the moment. I'm kinda thinking of just a shiny for now. I did not think about the duel part that's awesome

Offline Lidocaine

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 08:58:46 AM »
Welcome to the forums Josh!

I believe Galactic Armory has been approved using his files so with the proper fit and enough sanding you should be able to as well! The links Scott posted are great resources for all things Clones and should give you a wee bit of reading and research to do.

Once you do start printing, sanding, more sanding, more sanding and painting please feel free to start a build log so we can see your progress and we can hopefully provide some help and advice along the way.

We have a number of folks who 3D print here as well, which filament are you thinking of using for your armor?
Luke - BH/TB/TK-44228

Offline chuwy

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 05:06:06 PM »
ok cool. i am thinking of useing petg so that its strounger then pla but not as tempermental as abs. that and i dont have a encloser for the printer so abs is out anyway lol.
i was looking at one of the clones from troop 99 "the bad batch" the teck guy. i kinda like that idea. there armor looks like its diffeerent from the rest of the clones armer ( other then all black armer i meen) what phase armor are they? or are they special armor all the way?

Offline NavySith

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 05:21:46 PM »
They are special armor.

COR and CTD are currently working on the CRLs for them, you can still go to the forums and start a WIP on the Bad Batch

Scott
CT/SL/TK/AR-6754

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 04:42:10 PM »
Welcome, Josh!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline chuwy

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2020, 08:16:03 AM »
Thank you everyone. I decided to go with the animated phase 2 clone armer and the Commander Cody accessory pack. So I am going to work on Cody. My thoughts are to build Commander Cody first get certified with the five-oh-first then certified with the rebel legion then work on play shiny clone trooper as well and do the same thing. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good software model that's free that works like https://www.thearmoredgarage.com/post/armorsmith-on-mobile

But free

If not I may do that still

Offline chuwy

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 11:12:25 AM by chuwy »

Tags: