Author Topic: Greetings from Portland  (Read 759 times)

Offline PadmeAmi

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
Greetings from Portland
« on: February 06, 2020, 07:21:47 PM »
I have always been impressed with Star Wars Oregon! I have seen a lot of you around town at Star Wars events. I am finally getting serious about starting my Padmé Amidala cosplay (specifically the white bodysuit from Attack of the Clones). It would be very rewarding to join this group and to cosplay with the rest of you and bring a little joy to fans. Alyson Tabbitha has a youtube video on the Padmé cosplay that I am going to use as a resource but will likely research what others have done.

Cheers!
Krystal

Offline carpe mindiem

Re: Greetings from Portland
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 07:46:31 PM »
Welcome! You'll have a ton of fun here. :)

I have a complete Battle Arena Padme costume that I'm likely going to be selling in the coming months. If that's what you're looking at, keep an eye out on our forums here or shoot me a PM here or on Facebook and we can see if we're close to the same size, if you're interested in something that's already built. I completely understand the fun of building your own, too, so I get it if you're not interested! Just wanted to throw it out there! :)

Offline Mosi

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 08:35:11 PM »
She definitely cut some corners there. That would be a questionable approval, IMO.

Edit to clarify: the person you're following on Youtube. Definitely sign up on the RL forum and find the group for the Royalty / Senatorial group to cross your Ts and dot your Is  :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 09:06:21 PM by Mosi »
pew pew

Offline PadmeAmi

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 09:20:21 PM »
Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it!

Also I appreciate the offer for the costume but I am going to try and make my own...for now haha.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 09:22:11 PM by PadmeAmi »

Offline Rat

• Cloud City Member
    • Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 07:51:28 AM »
Welcome to the forums Krystal.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Offline CJ49er

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 09:42:12 AM »
Welcome, and have fun with your build!
SL/TI/TK/DS/BH 12770

Offline PadmeAmi

• Awards
    • Awards
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 11:11:22 PM »
Thanks everyone! I bought some promising material today for the outfit. The hair piece proved to be a disaster though because I merged two different ideas from cosplayers. Going to start again from the beginning and follow just one tutorial.

Tags: